Video output.

t0aj15

Power User
Now that I've had my Axe-Fx for a couple of months I have a wish I'd like to add to the list. I got this idea when looking at my TV while listening to XM satellite radio on my Polk Audio home receiver. The LED screen on the Polk unit is almost identical in size to the one on the Axe-Fx, in other words it's a PITA to use because the screen is so small you have to have your face directly in front of the screen to read it. So the folks at Polk Audio gave the unit a video output jack which allows you to view the screen on a full size video monitor of your choosing which allows you to see the screen quite easily from across the room. Now I know very little about electronics but after opening the Polk unit up it appears to me that the components involved are rather minimal and as such (I would think) would not add much to the total cost of the Axe-Fx. However it would be a GREAT help to those who wish program directly on the Axe-Fx and not have to use the PC editor.

Sorry if I sound offensive here...

but what do you consider to be gained, to have a large monitor connected to a video output jack from your Axe Fx. Where you´d be able to see the info on the monitor from across the room. However NOT using a PC and/or the editor to program the Axe Fx? Unless you aren´t a total SysEx geek, my guess is that you still need to fiddle with those knobs and buttons besides the screen to program your Axe Fx. Within that range I guess many are able to see the information on the screen.

:!:
No pun intended towards anyone visually impaired. I realize that some may have trouble to see/read the screen on their Axe Fx. I having trouble myself sometimes in certain menues, and I´m lucky enough to have pretty good vision...

I´m guessing that those who do finds it tiresome to read that screen (and/or programming), connects their Axe Fx to the editor anyway. If the alternatives would be to have the look of the real screen upsized or the look of the editor due to a computer connected. I guess most, if not all of us, chooses the editor. Then of course one could wish for a smoother way to connect their computer to the Axe Fx...

HOWEVER, if you could have a iPad or similar device "connected" via bluetooth to the Axe Fx. AND the Axe Fx itself would hold and "transmit" the system structure look, similar as to how the editor looks. It would be a totally different matter! So good suggestion there man! ;)

/Mike

miketheman said:
1a). Sorry if I sound offensive here...but what do you consider to be gained, to have a large monitor connected to a video output jack from your Axe Fx where you´d be able to see the info on the monitor from across the room.
1b). However NOT using a PC and/or the editor to program the Axe Fx?
2). Unless you aren´t a total SysEx geek, my guess is that you still need to fiddle with those knobs and buttons besides the screen to program your Axe Fx. Within that range I guess many are able to see the information on the screen.
3). I´m guessing that those who do finds it tiresome to read that screen (and/or programming), connects their Axe Fx to the editor anyway.
4). If the alternatives would be to have the look of the real screen upsized or the look of the editor due to a computer connected. I guess most, if not all of us, chooses the editor. Then of course one could wish for a smoother way to connect their computer to the Axe Fx...
5). HOWEVER, if you could have a iPad or similar device "connected" via bluetooth to the Axe Fx. AND the Axe Fx itself would hold and "transmit" the system structure look, similar as to how the editor looks. It would be a totally different matter! So good suggestion there man! Mike
1a). I want to be able to make adjustments in real time on the spot, not just rely on presets, and it's not always convenient to try and focus on that tiny little LED screen. A larger screen would make it so much easier to view. Besides that many if not most folks are using this unit in smaller racks which make it difficult if not impossible to place at eye level for easy viewing. A monitor would solve that problem.
1b). I use a desk top computer so dragging it with me is out of the question, and buying a laptop just for the purpose of editing the Axe-Fx is IMO a waste of funds.
2). I disagree I can use the controls on the face of the Axe-Fx at arms length but I can't always see the screen to do so.
3). Wrong, as I said previously it's not always convenient to move the Axe-Fx to the computer to use the editor.
4). Again this presupposes that everyone would prefer to use the editor. I wouldn't I'd prefer instead to skip that step and program directly on the unit.
5). I'm not interested in buying anymore outboard "units" such as the iPad, I simply would like to be able to see what I'm doing without my face having to be 12" from the screen.

i say.. use a large LCD screen and plug your laptop into that. then you can have anywhere up to a 50" version of Axe Edit.. Pics to follow, as i want to try this myself :D

avM6M.jpg

This + air mouse = my new way to use the software!

but i mean, you would likely be the only guy who wants to externalise the axe's shitty built in screen. Plus if its miles away, how do you edit without going over to the axe and pushing a button? This is the way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom