Video of our Worship Service a couple weeks ago

javajunkie

Here is a video of our service a couple of weeks ago.
The video is in HD and Vimeos servers aren't the fastest so its best to hit play, then pause, and come back to it in a couple of minutes to get a good buffer.

I am not happy with the soundmans mix. Drummer had a bit of trouble keep a steady tempo w/ the first song so I was having to do a lot of tap tempo stuff (hit a clunker in the middle :oops: ).
My foot controller didn't change patches like it should of between the first and second song so the intro to the second one is pretty anaemic.

The Time Has Come - Hillsong
Salvation is Here - Hillsong @5:30
How He Loves - David Crowder Band @25:49
Center - Charlie Hall @43:25
God of this City - Chris Tomlin @ 1:00:50
Our God - Chris Tomlin @1:05:50

http://javajunkiemusic.com/video.html

Nice.
First thing I like and noticed was that there are NO music stands up front.
That has been my big peev. I havent used one in a year and couldnt figure out why the rest of the band didnt catch on.

B

GuitarDojo said:
Nice.
First thing I like and noticed was that there are NO music stands up front.
That has been my big peev. I havent used one in a year and couldnt figure out why the rest of the band didnt catch on.

B

Yeah, I've made a big push for that.

At least we could hear you in the mix, for instance the tremolo part on Salvation is Here really came thru nice.

Sounds good. Understanding the working environment in those situations, I feel for you brutha. It's about a greater purpose though, so don't sweat it.

Very nice!

Just wanted to say "hey" to all of you guys who juggle this stuff in a church context.

I am a worship pastor in Kansas City who has just taken the Axe Fx plunge. I have a really great rig. (Suhr PT50, AC30 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gfjgXHd630). But It seems the technology has caught up with our ears. So, I am selling off a bunch of stuff to go this route. It makes a lot of sense for what I do and will ultimately be more affordable.

Blessings to you!
Troy

Nice seeing what you guys do for your setup.. I'm over our A/V department so I'll see if I cant get a montage of our service (single camera shot but still a nice picture/sound) up and get some feedback.

On the 'cant stand drummer tempo issues' I friggen feel your pain. We have the most faithful humble guy in the world but he's an old country drummer who started learning with Boston tunes 35 years ago and never branched out.. Nothing technically proficient by any stretch of the imagination.. But I know the guy will show up every service.

Me and the Acoustic player haven't used music stands in years. I always memorize. Other's aren't so willing to give it up. I've always felt music in front of you is such a crutch and gets in the way of simply flowing and playing together. But its a process and when they've done it for 15-20 years its a hard habit to break.

Seeing David Crowder's name attached to a song like "How He Loves". It pains me. His version of the song is the worst one. I would have let you slide with the Jeremy Riddle or Kim Walker versions but I can't with Crowder. John Mark McMillan wrote an amazing song and has tons of others like "Closer", "Breaking Down", and "I am a Temple". Sorry, rant over. Other than that awesome stuff.

Emelianenko Fyodor said:
Seeing David Crowder's name attached to a song like "How He Loves". It pains me. His version of the song is the worst one. I would have let you slide with the Jeremy Riddle or Kim Walker versions but I can't with Crowder. John Mark McMillan wrote an amazing song and has tons of others like "Closer", "Breaking Down", and "I am a Temple". Sorry, rant over. Other than that awesome stuff.

No argument here. I really don't care for that song.

starswimmer said:
Very nice!

Just wanted to say "hey" to all of you guys who juggle this stuff in a church context.

I am a worship pastor in Kansas City who has just taken the Axe Fx plunge. I have a really great rig. (Suhr PT50, AC30 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gfjgXHd630). But It seems the technology has caught up with our ears. So, I am selling off a bunch of stuff to go this route. It makes a lot of sense for what I do and will ultimately be more affordable.

Blessings to you!
Troy

too funny, I've seen your video before. I thought to myself, that guy could use an axe-fx :p

I have had a couple of guys say the same thing! Maybe I am just slow.

I will tell ya, I am in the middle of the steep learning curve on this thing and the GCP. Holy cow! I wish the Axe edit worked better. I am getting close. But it will take me a couple more weeks before I try to use it live, I believe.

javajunkie said:
starswimmer said:
Very nice!

Blessings to you!
Troy

too funny, I've seen your video before. I thought to myself, that guy could use an axe-fx :p

MKeditor said:
Great tremolo, Sean. Right in time with the song. Which one did you use?
Trapezoid wave. I really like the vibe of that wave form. I have the start linked to the string strike believe. Tempo sync'd as well.

javajunkie said:
MKeditor said:
Great tremolo, Sean. Right in time with the song. Which one did you use?
Trapezoid wave. I really like the vibe of that wave form. I have the start linked to the string strike believe. Tempo sync'd as well.

+1 on the trapezoid waveform trem. I tried it a few months ago and never looked back. Great sound...

D

Back
Top Bottom