Video - Moke's Axe-Fx ll Preset Tour and Demo/Tutorial - Part #4

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Part #4 of my 'Preset Tour and Demo/Tutorial' videos. This one covers 3 more of my 'Song Specific' presets. And once again, lots more useful information on 'Internal', 'External', and 'Scene' controllers. As well as effect block routing. All of which also applies to the 'AX8' and the 'FX8'...............

Probably going to be at least 10 Parts...............so stay tuned....:cool:

Edit.......I hate the sound of my voice.....:confused:

Last edited:
Everybody hates the sound of their voice recorded! :D
I really liked what you did with the MTD to get the keyboard hold in the Cuts Like a Knife preset.
-
Austin

Everybody hates the sound of their voice recorded! :D

True dat …, in fact years ago I almost quit singing because the recorded sound of my voice was so different than my perception of it …. My vocal coach said it had something to do w/ the conduction of sound through the bones in your skull ?

Anyway Moke …, you should figure out how to sell your presets, kinda like fremen has done …. While not as many of his are “song specific” you seem to have developed your approach in the exact opposite manner. Which ( IMHO ) creates a very cool niche for you ….

In addition, I’m extremely impressed with ….
1.) Your creative routing to solve the problems associated with being the only guitar player in your band !
2.) Your ability to tone match songs, as well as either converting the tone match into a more traditional “CAB”, or using them in conjunction with each other, as well as the knowing when one or the other approach would be the best !
3.) Your “ear” for each of the song specific tones in relationship to the live environment !

I have purchased fremen’s, I would purchase yours …. In the end, my finished patches don’t look much like his, but I’m using a lot of the theories he’s put into practice ( ie; the variable noise gate, it’s awesome ). I would anticipate the same with yours …, although since yours are so song specific, maybe there wouldn’t be as much room for change ?

Finally, I know that it would be a lot of work for you to take that step. But consider this at least one vote of support for your effort !

Respectfully submitted !

True dat …, in fact years ago I almost quit singing because the recorded sound of my voice was so different than my perception of it …. My vocal coach said it had something to do w/ the conduction of sound through the bones in your skull ?

Yup. Your voice as perceived by yourself has more resonance/depth because it's being conducted through your skull. I'm used to hearing myself recorded singing so it doesn't bother me there, but I can't stand hearing myself talking.
-
Austin

As before, outstanding! Today I got to mess around with your B3/Plexi, Longtime, Rainy Night, and Foolin' presets. Very, very creative of you and wow does that "B3" section work!!

Keep it up!

Holy hell Moke!!!! You take preset creation to a whole new level. That's pretty f*#king incredible work there buddy. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Outstanding sounds and clever routing!!! I have downloaded some of your previous presets and they are great. These ones that you are showing in the videos are incredible. I will also be willing to pay for these presets if you are interested in selling them. Keep up this great work!!

Hey Moke, I also would love to have those song specific presets. I'm relatively new to the axe and really don't have the knowledge of preset creation so I'm enjoying your videos.
However, work gets in the way for me and time is very precious, so I mainly use what spare time I have for actually playing guitar and not learning the inner workings of preset creation. I can tinker with basics but people like you and Fremen definitely have a market for selling your expertise in this area.

So please, do me a favour, and take my money NOW!!! :)

Hey Moke, I also would love to have those song specific presets. I'm relatively new to the axe and really don't have the knowledge of preset creation so I'm enjoying your videos.
However, work gets in the way for me and time is very precious, so I mainly use what spare time I have for actually playing guitar and not learning the inner workings of preset creation. I can tinker with basics but people like you and Fremen definitely have a market for selling your expertise in this area.

So please, do me a favour, and take my money NOW!!! :)
The store is up and running...........;)

Sorry if I missed this, but what original guitar source did you use for the "Who" tone match in this preset?

Thanks, and thanks for posting these great videos!

These are great. I'm really impressed at how expertly you and some of the other folks who post here (like Danny D, yek, simeon, for starters) manipulate the controllers and scenes so cleverly and to such great effect. I look at my presets that I thought were so awesome and I immediately feel like I need to go back to the preset dialing woodshed and get my dialing skills up to par.:eek:

Nothing at all wrong with your voice Moke ....... it's the look of you that is more alarming :p

Great work yet again .... you know the doings of an Axe-FX and how to make tone inside out for sure.

Where do I find your presets for purchase ? I'm only seeing 1 arist/song preset tie your mother down is all I can find
Will you be doing preset requests?

These are amazing - I wish I had the ear for making such accurate presets. Keep up the good work - looking forward to the next video :)

Back
Top Bottom