Video - Moke's Axe Fx ll Preset Demo - 'Wish You Were Here' by 'Pink Floyd'

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
A short (teaser) clip of the into to 'Wish You Were Here' by 'Pink Floyd'. This preset is based on my latest 'Acoustic Simulation' preset. I'm using the 'Looper' block to record the opening piece (scene 1). Then accompanying myself using scene 2. Scene 3 has both tones together. Scene 4 is for the solos.

The 'crackling' sound in scene 1 is coming from the Axe-Fx too. (got the idea from the 'Warped Vinyl' factory preset)

This is all coming from the bridge humbucker pickup of my Ernie Ball Music Man 'Axis' guitar! .............

Last edited:
Holy hell, is that awesome.

Moke, as and extension of the stuff you already do, have you ever thought about a premium video series where you step through the settings of the most heavily-used key blocks (amp, cab, ODs, delays, reverbs, etc)?

Maybe talk about what each setting would be used for - an over-the-shoulder / 'what would I used this knob for?' kind of training or settings tour.

I'm a new AX8 owner and a techie, but am somewhere between intimidated and plain old cross-eyed by all the options.

Probably a silly question but I'm still learning so forgive me. But, why is there no scene change shown when you go from the intro to the acoustic setting? I would have expected to see the intro played on scene one, hit the looper and scroll to scene two for the 12 string sounds. Either way, an absolute amazing use of this device. Great job Moke!

Probably a silly question but I'm still learning so forgive me. But, why is there no scene change shown when you go from the intro to the acoustic setting? I would have expected to see the intro played on scene one, hit the looper and scroll to scene two for the 12 string sounds. Either way, an absolute amazing use of this device. Great job Moke!
I was changing scenes from the MFC-101. Sometimes Axe-Edit doesn't update correctly when the MFC is connected. I should have 'paused' Axe-Edit, but didn't, hoping that it would show the scene changes correctly. Since it was a decent take, I just went with it. At each scene change, you can see Axe-Edit attempting to update.....................And thank you

Is this preset going to be available in your store?
Yes it will........But I'm having a hard time coming up with a 'no external controllers' (nec) version of the preset. It will contain all of the same scenes and tones, but be slightly limited and not be able to completely recreate this clip without an external controller.

You will need access to the 'Looper' functions to record the intro and 'External' #2 to fade out the 'Tone Matched' 12-string guitar (scene 3) sound just after the vocals begin. 'External' #1 is just for over-all volume control.

I will include the same version in the video as well as the "nec" version. The "nec" version will have access to all 4 sounds via scenes 1 thru 4, for those not using 'External' controllers.

Ok, It's in the store.............No (nec) version..........Only 1 external controller, #2 to fade out the 'Tone Matched' 12-string guitar (scene 3) sound just after the vocals begin.

Regarding external controller, are you referring to an external switch, or a continuous controller pedal?

Regarding external controller, are you referring to an external switch, or a continuous controller pedal?
Continuous controller (Expression Pedal) would be best, but you could use a switch in a pinch. Set the 'Dampening' in the 'Edit Modifier' window to 1.00........I wish it would go higher.......:(;)

Back
Top Bottom