VIDEO: Mesa Mark V (IV) Tone - Patch INCLUDED! - Sean Ashe (original demos)

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, I decided to tone match my Mesa Mark V as it's one of my favorite guitar tones ever, so dynamic and full, especially at mid gain tones where I like to play. I went slave out of my Mark V, and tonematched the amp block out of the Axe FX's USA LEAD 2. Went into the stock Mesa Cabs that come on the Axe FX and this is the result.

PATCH - AxeChange

These are 3 excerpts of ORIGINAL songs my cousin Mike Ashe and I are writing for a future release.

Let me know what you think of, the tone, my playing, and the songs too! I'd love your input as you guys are all great musicians and I respect you all :)

Tones are fine and reflect your style of playing. Have heard many commercial tracks with identical tones so good job on the tone-matching !
Thanks for sharing, and keep at it. Great stuff !

Tones are fine and reflect your style of playing. Have heard many commercial tracks with identical tones so good job on the tone-matching !
Thanks for sharing, and keep at it. Great stuff !

Thanks David, and yea must just be the way I set my actual Mark V then haha :)

Bumped up the gain a bit and tried this out on a quick Metallica cover. It sounds rad.

Well done!

Wow loved that tapping lick at around 30s.
It would make a hell of a exercise for me to get more into tapping.

IF you tab'ed that lick for me you would be the man! :)

Wow loved that tapping lick at around 30s.
It would make a hell of a exercise for me to get more into tapping.

IF you tab'ed that lick for me you would be the man! :)

Thanks so much, and yea it's definitely a challenge.

I will eventually (if a bunch more people request it after the song is done) but you should just rip the video from youtube and then slow it down and use your ear. It's in G minor :)

Great tone. Just downloaded and will try it out. Thanks for sharing your patch!

Awesome! And no problem I always share my patches, for me it's pretty easy to dial in sounds because I just know what knobs to turn to make it sound like what I hear in my head, and some people struggle with that. So i figure by putting out my patches, people can just pickup the guitar and jam, or look and see what i did to maybe incorporate it into their own sounds. :)

Let me know what you think of it after you play it!

Really enjoyed that.

Very catchy tunes.

Loved the tapping as well

Thanks for the patch

Thanks sarge, im excited for everyone to hear them with vocals as we tried to make them as unique as possible while still being accessible to non musicians and those who listen for the main melody lines :)

And yea I love that part, thanks for the kind words!

Sounds fantastic! Tried it myself and it looks to be the basis for my mark tones :)

Question though, are there any advantages or a philosophy to using a stereo cab as opposed to two hi res mono cabs?

Thansk again for the great stuff

Back
Top Bottom