VIDEO: Mesa Mark V (IIC+) Tone - Patch INCLUDED! - Sean Ashe (instrumental jam)

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone! Here I am again with another Mesa patch/tone demonstration! About a week and a half ago I tonematched my Mark V on the Mark IV mode, and put out a video, and I really love that tone, but sometimes for lead I like having a similar, but different texture. So I tonematched the legendary IIC+ mode from the Mark V and was thrilled with the results. It's definitely not as 'tight' a sound as the Mark IV so I wouldn't recommend it for rhythms, but it was just a really fun tone to play with and it's nice and forgiving as well haha So here is the short demonstration I did for this tone:

Patch : Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mark IIC+ Tone Match 8.0 - SA - by Sean Ashe
I wrote the backing/lead line and who knows maybe I'll turn it into a song one day! Forgive the sloppiness on the ending hybrid/string skipping lick as that was extremely tough for me to pull off. Let me know what you think \m/

Sean, I'm a fan! great tone and playing. Hey BTW... Have you been losing some weight? I don't remember you looking so thin.

Sean, I'm a fan! great tone and playing. Hey BTW... Have you been losing some weight? I don't remember you looking so thin.

Thanks Matt I appreciate that!!! From July 2011 to April 2012 I lost about 40ish pounds, and then have pretty much stayed the same since then, the one thing that's still been losing some mass to it has been my chin haha!!! So thank god for that, but I still try to watch what I eat and I hope to lose a bit more. I used to be HUUUGE check this out it's hilarious haha! The Curse Of Castle Dragon (Cover) - Paul Gilbert - Sean Ashe - YouTube

Great tones and the playing is, as always, top notch. Very inspiring to watch and listen. Think I will go pick up my guitar...

Dude, I am a FAN. Great job! How long have you been playing for?

@PaulC : Do it man! Glad I inspired you, thanks so much!

@symphx : thanks bro!

@Webb :

Thank a ton!!! It will be 6 years this november, to be precise the middle of november haha! I didn't really take the first two seriously though, but after I realized that people actually play guitar for a living (touring/session) I started become obsessed and practice hours and hours a day lol.

wow great playing!
how hot are the pickups in that thing?
I downloaded the patch and with my jUSA ackson SL2H soloist (JB/JAzz) , the patch sounded very anemicl.
I added an Eternal lLve drive to the front of it (the USA Lead sims love this drive BTW) with the gain off and the level at noon
and it kills.

Back
Top Bottom