VIDEO: Justin Bieber cover w/ Axe FX II...yes you read that right J. Biebs!

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, my cool cousin Mike is starting to do 'the youtube thing' and he saw that this song came out a few days ago, so he thought this one would be a good cover to kickstart his channel (with a high volume of searches for this song on youtube, it'll help him get views and subs!). He called me up and asked me if I could record guitar and bass for it, because he knows how effortless it is to get awesome recording tones with the Axe, and he digs my playing, so i figured it out on guitar and bass, and recorded it!

The tone I'm using is my "Maroon 5 Clean", which is a tone i made just to sound like James Valentine, because that guy is a kickass underrated guitarist and I love his sound haha, it's guitar into studio compressor block, then into a Vox AC30 model, and a HiWatt model, into two different cabs. And then my guitar is set on coil-tap for the middle position.

If enough people request the tone, I'll post it :D Enjoy!!!

Hey Sean, I've played on radio spots for stuff as off the beaten track as retirement homes, and I still say a playing gig is a playing gig even when it isn't a paying gig! My worst days playing guitar are easily as good as my best days working the regular 40 hour thing.

Play that thang!

Bieber would definitely die in my arms too .....

However, it looked like you all had fun and the guitar clean was nice ....... can't say the song made me even remotely moist tho

LOL while I'm definitely not a fan of J. Biebs in the slightest, I thought it would be a fun thing to share here on the fractal boards as I'm using the Axe and I'm pretty sure I can claim the title of being the first person to post a Bieber link here lol. BUT if he wanted to hire me to play guitar for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat. $ = :D

Bieber would definitely die in my arms too .....

And faster then you can imagine....
Im sorry but i just didnt make it till the guitar started, but i guess watching 2 sec also help the search numbers:)

Nice job! You found a part, style and tone that fit the song. I think that's exactly what you should be doing as a musician, so props!

That being said... Beiber on an Axe Fx II is like trying to pull out a stump with a Ferrari. :lol

just kidding around. Good work.

Nice job! You found a part, style and tone that fit the song. I think that's exactly what you should be doing as a musician, so props!

That being said... Beiber on an Axe Fx II is like trying to pull out a stump with a Ferrari. :lol

just kidding around. Good work.

LOL for sure! And yea did you also see nickelback is using an Axe II for effects only of their clean channel in one rig? lol. now THAT is a stump with a ferrari .

Since Justin Beiber is from my neck of the woods... I'm glad for his success - wish him all the best... but personally... his music makes me...
throwing-up.gif

Hey Sean, I've played on radio spots for stuff as off the beaten track as retirement homes, and I still say a playing gig is a playing gig even when it isn't a paying gig! My worst days playing guitar are easily as good as my best days working the regular 40 hour thing.

Play that thang!

I can't agree with this more! I've played dinner parties (suit and tie style), park openings, etc... My singer just approached me the other day about writing a couple jingles with him for a local business. A gig is a gig!

I can't agree with this more! I've played dinner parties (suit and tie style), park openings, etc... My singer just approached me the other day about writing a couple jingles with him for a local business. A gig is a gig!

Agreed, as long as I'm playing guitar, I'm happy!

Props for having the balls to post Bieber here, when you knew you'd catch heck.

Looks like you had fun, and your cousin has a good voice.

I don't think Bieber's target audience is guitar nerds anyways. [I can't name one song he does]

Back
Top Bottom