[Video Inside] FCB1010 Expression Pedal has serious delay sending MIDI - Eurekaprom

elmeier100

Hello.

I'm having a hard time making work expression pedals. I installed eurekaprom some time ago and everything works fine, except for the expression pedals.
One time I opened and tried to adjust those optical lights it has for working, but can't find that article on the web to do again that.
I use only a cable for sending MIDI to the axe. From MIDI out of FC1010 to MIDI in on Axe FX II.

Using eureka prom 3.0

When I calibrate pedals I have this results:

Left Expression Pedal
Heel down 4
Toe Down 121

Right Expression Pedal
Heel Down 4
Toe Down 119

Those parameters are acceptable?

My Axe parameters are like this:

But here comes the problem. Expression pedal will start to send some parameters when it's on half way of the range.
How do I notice this?
Because red light starts blinking in that position of the pedal and because whammy effects, for example, is working SOOOOOOOO slow.

I recorded two videos to show the problem.

How can I solve this problem? Do you think that the problem is the expression pedal's optical led? It's driving me crazy. Using a whammy with this settings is a joke.

Thanks,

Frank.

Last edited:
It is hard to say what the problem might be. Firstly, the numbers you get for the low and high values of the expression pedal before calibrating are within the normal range from what I have read, and similar to the ones I have. If they were above 10 at low and below 117 on the high end, then there might be a problem with the optical alignment. When you calibrate the pedal, assign it to an external controller and use the learn function on the axe-fx, everything should be good to go.

The motion is so fast in the first video that I can't really tell what is going on. There is a bit of delay in the pitch shifter block and you are fading it in and out so fast that the effect might not kick in fast enough. Try assigning the pedal to a volume swell, or to bring in the mix of an effect, move it up and down slowly and see if that works.

The lights on my pedals flicker like yours when I move my pedals. They just indicate that midi information is being sent and does not correspond with the actual controller effect. I think this is normal behaviour. Look at the midi light on the left of the main paned on the FCB and you'll notice that it flickers spastically any time you press a switch or step on a pedal.

It is hard to say what the problem might be. Firstly, the numbers you get for the low and high values of the expression pedal before calibrating are within the normal range from what I have read, and similar to the ones I have. If they were above 10 at low and below 117 on the high end, then there might be a problem with the optical alignment. When you calibrate the pedal, assign it to an external controller and use the learn function on the axe-fx, everything should be good to go.

The motion is so fast in the first video that I can't really tell what is going on. There is a bit of delay in the pitch shifter block and you are fading it in and out so fast that the effect might not kick in fast enough. Try assigning the pedal to a volume swell, or to bring in the mix of an effect, move it up and down slowly and see if that works.

The lights on my pedals flicker like yours when I move my pedals. They just indicate that midi information is being sent and does not correspond with the actual controller effect. I think this is normal behaviour. Look at the midi light on the left of the main paned on the FCB and you'll notice that it flickers spastically any time you press a switch or step on a pedal.

I get what you're saying there.

Sorry, tried to move it fast to show that a pitch shifter effect won't work flawlessly like that with all that lag.

The lights start to blink when you are on like 1/3 or 1/4 of the range (heel down talking). So that's a gap or a dead spot there.
Effect can't kick fast enough, apparently. That's why I'm asking eureka users if they have the same "lazy" problem with their pedals.

Thanks, David.

" ...The lights start to blink when you are on like 1/3 or 1/4 of the range (heel down talking). So that's a gap or a dead spot there.
Effect can't kick fast enough, apparently. That's why I'm asking eureka users if they have the same "lazy" problem with their pedals..."

There very well might be a glitch, but I am still not sure that the timing of the red lights indicates there is a problem. My lights come on at about the same time as your and flicker, but I don't notice much of a lag on the controller. When you move the pedal back and forth, do you see a dot on the line in the grid on you screen shot move from lower left to upper right that is in sync with your pedal travel, or does it only start moving when you are well into pedal travel? If the dot doesn't start moving immediately, then there is definitely a problem. If it does move correctly and you still don't like the lag, you can change the slope of the curve to make it kick in sooner.

Back
Top Bottom