Video impression of Dutch Axe-Fx meeting

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Dutch Axe-Fx users and other interested guitar players met on May 8th 2010 at the Art of Sound studio in Nieuwveen. Generously supported by G66 (http://www.g66.eu). We played, we exchanged tips and presets and we tested monitors. Video quality is not very good (it was dark and I often forgot to switch on the camera light). Audio was recorded through the camera mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4ddcE-F18

Awesome stuff, man! :cool: Lot's of cool tones happening there.

The bald fellow, with the strat, he has me wanting a strat now. haha

biggness said:
Awesome stuff, man! :cool: Lot's of cool tones happening there.

The bald fellow, with the strat, he has me wanting a strat now. haha

That's Jay-P, awesome player (http://www.jay-p.nl). A friend of forum member Dutch.

Oddly I've seen Jay-P the first time playing at the Conservatory of Hilversum graduation of the girlfriend of a friend of mine about 20 years ago. I've seen him in concert a number of times since, know of many recordings he did that it was him that did them, but never spoke to him.

Then 8 years ago I meet what is now my wife at a gig of my band. A few months ago we take our small kids to an indoor playground and my wife runs into someone she knows from a vacation 10 years ago. It's him. So, he's a friend of my wife's that I've semi-known for decades. I've sort of kept in touch since. And because he'd bought an Ultra a couple of months ago I invited him.

Small place, Holland.

Twas.

Highly informative and I never expected to stay the duration, but it was also very entertaining and I had a great time.

Yek did a great job organizing it and I really want to thank him and of course G66 for picking up the tab.
Art of Sound is a recording studio/rehearsal space center which was very suited for the occasion.

I wrote a bit of a report on the day on the Gitaarnet forum in dutch, I've been a bit busy so I haven't translated it yet.

I will soon.

Well, both me and MarcoB are pretty tall. I'm 6`7" and I think Marco wasn't much shorter. The guy in grey is me.

I haven't seen the video yet. Hey, I was there and never to keen on watching myself...

Anand was guitar playing champion of the Netherlands and Jay-P has been a pro for 20 or so years. IIRC.
Not all players are that good in Holland. I just played a couple of notes when I turned the dBs on and didn't even get my plectrum out. Which was as much as I dared with these guys in the room.

rickboot said:
Everyone sounded magnificent. Are all Dutch players this excellent?

yes, all but one: me. Dont believe Dutch: he can play. Jay, Anand and that jazz cat were amazing.

And Dutch brought the cheap dB Opera monitors (M12-4 Plus) which floored everyone and were received better than the Atomics (cabs). :eek:

Awww shucks... You're better than me by a mile. In that two minutes I played everything I know. The rest is just reruns.

I'll get back to the cabs later. Now I'm going to sleep.

The way Anand programs his presets was a real eyeopener.
He uses the Red Wirez Uber V30 (SM57 and Royer mix) and keeps everything at default except for amp gain, master volume, low cut and sometimes Bright. And he doesn't even use a (shelving or blocking) PEQ. Sounded terrific.

yek said:
rickboot said:
Everyone sounded magnificent. Are all Dutch players this excellent?

yes, all but one: me. Dont believe Dutch: he can play. Jay, Anand and that jazz cat were amazing.

And Dutch brought the cheap dB Opera monitors (M12-4 Plus) which floored everyone and were received better than the Atomics (cabs). :eek:

don't listen to Yek, he's a great player too. '
I'm pretty sure I was the worst in the room (and that's why I didn't touch a guitar). Had a blast though.

Actually, I was so impressed with the Axe, that I am selling my CAE/VHT rack (and of course, getting an Axe)

but we already agreed there is one category that I was best in ...heheh

Back
Top Bottom