VIDEO: HAAS Delay and how to use it

Great stuff as always, Danny. I've never really messed around with the delay times on thise effects -- interesting.

Yeah quite a few don't go in depth. I tried not to go too deep with this stuff. The more basic, the easier to take in. Glad you enjoyed the new vid, thanks!

Nice work, Danny!

And keep preaching that tame-the-bass gospel. So many players need to understand this but don't.

Thanks Rex! Yeah we gotta tame that bass monster. I'll probably preach that one until I'm toast lol!

Another great video!
I really enjoyed the clean tones from that guitar! Sounded like a seven string, maybe.
It never hurts to go over the basics.
Thanks Danny!

You're welcome...thank you, Scott! It's a 6 string Carvin DC 400 custom tuned to a low C. It has active and passive pups with coil tap and phase switch. Really nice guitar that gives me a wide array of sounds and choices. Active pups on clean sounds are really nice especially with new strings. Glad you liked it, thanks again!

Thanks Danny! The haas you've suggested is one of my go to for solo work, and now this looks like something great incorporate.

Get a bit of early school Queensryche there on your riffs. Love it.

You're welcome pirate, thank you! Haha you picked up on my little rhyche lick eh? Haha! I actually used that in a song a few years back. I never thought the song would do anything and low and behold, it did some.charting in Japan and some.of the south eastern Asian territories.

I try not to play too much in the videos and concentrate more on the teaching/explanation part over trying to showboat. I think it really helps people get into the technique better which is what I'm hoping to get across.

Got a message from a guy that said "dude, great video but you didn't play enough!" Haha! Maybe next time. One thing that will make people lose interest when you're trying to teach or convey an idea in a heartbeat, is a show off. I'd rather play less and help people learn more. I'll post a few jams in the future. :)

Cool the Haas trick is working for you. Yeah these little things can help widen things up a bit. Pretty much the same.stuff as the Haas delay, we're just getting there a bit differently and in two cases, we have a little chorus effect.

The cab room thing really impressed me. I so wish we had the cab options we have in the axe II in the AX8. That would rule as I love messing with those advanced cab parameters like I did in my "power of a cab block" video. Whew....so much power in this little box. Learn something new every day.

Thanks again everyone! :)

:D Don't forget about us guys that are looking to improve our live gig patches.

Yeah, as Rex mentioned....this stuff works for live too. As a matter of fact, any video I've ever shared....you can apply to live as well.

I have different versions of all my presets. Studio and live. The difference between my studio patches vs live are less gain for live, more low end for live...less effects live also.

My tones change pretty drastically once I turn the 25 watt greenback on. It's just a different sound that needs to be tweaked differently than the studio sound. But all the stuff I've ever talked about can be applied in a live situation. I got you covered brother. :)

Thanks for that latest video, Danny. Great stuff, and presented well. It gave me a bunch of ideas to incorporate into my live presets. (Don't really do any recording right now, so I'm more focused on my live stuff.)

Thanks for that latest video, Danny. Great stuff, and presented well. It gave me a bunch of ideas to incorporate into my live presets. (Don't really do any recording right now, so I'm more focused on my live stuff.)

You're very welcome. :) Yeah you're good with this stuff live as long as you're running a stereo rig. If not, you'll get a phased artifact that will not sound good in mono.

Another cool video, thanks. The cab block feature is missing for us AX8ers, but we manage. I loved the pitch block thing. Do you ever attach LFOs to the detune amount and the delay times? That makes it slightly more random sounding.

Another cool video, thanks. The cab block feature is missing for us AX8ers, but we manage. I loved the pitch block thing. Do you ever attach LFOs to the detune amount and the delay times? That makes it slightly more random sounding.

Thanks Smittefar! Yeah I've messed around with the LFO stuff. Had a guy from this forum who was obsessed with running LFO's in these types of situations. He really came up with some cool ideas that were quite inspiring.

One of my personal issues with this sort of thing is I tend to get too wrapped up in it at times. Like I'm a little scientist trying to invent something.

Add in that I'm doing this same thing with studio recording and different plugs etc...and well, it's too easy to lose sight and lose your chops as well. Lol! Or...lose your girl. ;) So I just try to mess with easy, little things that have a BIG impact. :)

Thanks for sharing! I always learn something from your videos! Thanks Danny!

You're welcome....and thank YOU. If you're learning something...it makes me really feel great to be sharing this stuff.

Another helpful video Danny - thank you; you always provide something new that I haven't thought of before (i.e. get the "center" back with "mix")

Probably nothing you guys haven't seen...but it may be useful for someone. Enjoy!

Thanks guys, glad this stuff is helping some. :)

I've been having a blast jamming with this trick! But, as I now see in some other posts, it doesn't translate well in mono. I recorded a song that I thought sounded so good and full, until I took it in the car to play. The car mix, which turns it to mono, made the guitar sound so weird.

I'm trying to get a good guitar tone from a single clean guitar, not unlike the studio version of SRV's Lenny. Back to the drawing board.

Back
Top Bottom