VIDEO: HAAS Delay and how to use it

I've been having a blast jamming with this trick! But, as I now see in some other posts, it doesn't translate well in mono. I recorded a song that I thought sounded so good and full, until I took it in the car to play. The car mix, which turns it to mono, made the guitar sound so weird.

I'm trying to get a good guitar tone from a single clean guitar, not unlike the studio version of SRV's Lenny. Back to the drawing board.

It's made for stereo so don't drive yourself crazy. It's good for live as well but if I were recording, I always do 2 individual guitar takes. The Haas stuff is good for quickie recording tests etc but I'd not rely to heavily on it. And once you go mono using it....it's pretty bad and phased. So don't beat yourself up there. Unfortunately, it's just one of those sounds that benefits from remaining in stereo.

Hey Danny , out of curiosity, did you have the opportunity to beta test the III? I would think your feedback and knowledge would be welcome...and the presets you would come up with would prolly be world changing. ....

Hey Danny , out of curiosity, did you have the opportunity to beta test the III? I would think your feedback and knowledge would be welcome...and the presets you would come up with would prolly be world changing. ....

I wish, but no. It definitely makes me sad that they passed on me. I must have upset somebody. :(

I wish, but no. It definitely makes me sad that they passed on me. I must have upset somebody. :(
Well, if it is any consolation, you are not alone..I’ve made a bid a couple times to join the beta team over the years with no success...as Ithink many many of us have. ..a coveted gig to be sure. But as an inveterate early adopter of gear, I often feel I’m a (paying) beta tester.....

Well, if it is any consolation, you are not alone..I’ve made a bid a couple times to join the beta team over the years with no success...as Ithink many many of us have. ..a coveted gig to be sure. But as an inveterate early adopter of gear, I often feel I’m a (paying) beta tester.....

It's not easy making it on a hardware based beta team. You have an easier time with software. I've always felt the way you feel about being a paid tester for software programs. They always seem to get released too soon.

Well your dedication, enthusiasm & knowledge certainly doesn’t go unnoticed nor unappreciated.

Thanks! I'm good with it all. I figure if I helped to make a difference in a good way on the stuff I've tested and helped any of you guys in the process, win/win.

I finally got around to messing with this last night. I've got both a pair of studio monitors and a single XiTone cab (set up to sum L+R), so I can just mess with outputs 1 & 2 to hear the differences between this in stereo and mono.

I ended up liking 10ms and 30ms with the mix set in the 30-40% range. It worked well in the mono mode also and added a little bit more "in the room feel" to the sound. Then I tried adding in a little bit of feedback as well, and it sounded really good. I doubt at this point that it's strictly Haas effect any more, but it certainly adds something to the sound.

Back
Top Bottom