AFIII VIDEO: FW5 + 2019 Ultimate 4x12 Shootout

Awesome sounds!

All great but I was blown away with that clean Freeman sound!
Seriously, I though I was hearing an intro of a finished song.

Can you give more details about amp and cab IR you used?
That's weird I also got that comment on YouTube that people want to hear a full song from this clip. Maybe I'll do it soon, my strength is writing these riffs that sound great on their own but usually when they drums and bass come in they're not as good as on their own. :D

The IR's are the first mix out of every pack so it's "fair". I think I used the Boogey V Amp Pack presets for this clip.

I expected to like the recto the most, but for me it Friedman > Zilla > Recto > Marshall.

I need to look into your Freeman pack a little more. I could be convinced to buy it :)

They all definitely have their place and purpose. The Mars Silver is definitely the most vintage sounding one out of the bunch but even it'll do modern metal really well. The Zila is very full range - lots of low extended range and lots of high range as well but still pleasant and no spikes anywhere as you'd expect from Zilla. I just love Freeman because I know I won't have to worry about how it'll work - it will always work. Mesa is my baby... that's my #1 personal cabinet right there and I'm never selling it. It's "my sound". :)

MIkko,

Specifically what was the mix you used for the Freeman clean ?

Also, did you 'morph' ( or mix ) the sound when you transitioned from the Mars Silver clean to the Freeman Dirty ( and what mix was that one too ) ?

MIkko,

Specifically what was the mix you used for the Freeman clean ?

Also, did you 'morph' ( or mix ) the sound when you transitioned from the Mars Silver clean to the Freeman Dirty ( and what mix was that one too ) ?
That morph portion is just the clean sustaining off naturally and the drive part fading in so when you hear both you're listening to a Mars Silver / Freeman mix essentially.

Which amp did you use for the crunchy bits and was the amp setting static and just IRs changed?
I used the Boogey V amp pack for these tones. Preset 1 for the cleans and Preset 6 for the driven parts: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/boogey-v-fractal

The preset stays the same but the IR is being changed:
FREEMAN - FREEDOM MIX
MEGA OVERSIZE - ALMIGHTY MIX
ZILA - GODZILLA MIX
MARS SILVER - APPETITE MIX.... or was it CALIFORNICATION MIX? One or the other. :)

Back
Top Bottom