VIDEO From Van Halen I to 1984 (PATCHES INCLUDED)

I understand. I have felt this way before and it is a generic reaction.
Let me explain my take on that.

I created some bad ass presets before, that I hesitated to share. I shared some and I didn't share others.
Then a new firmware came out and the preset had to be modified or dropped.
So the "accomplishment "period was only as long as the firmware lasted.
The not shared presets got lost forever. I didn't gain anything from keeping them for myself.

But it is not a firmware question. It is more generic.

Lets say you have built the best VH preset on a Boss ME6 20 years ago and kept it to yourself: Would you still feel the accomplishment?

There are so many guitar players' health got worse or died since. Would you feel the accomplishment that they never got to enjoy the perfect Boss ME6 VH preset?

Our life is short, our health is fragile!

Also, you you have 4 years experience. If other 99 players shared their 4 years of experience, you would have 400 years.

I only wanted to share my thoughts on that, not trying to change yours.

I totally understand where you are coming from and appreciate your thoughts and am glad to read your point of view. I was only trying to state that if anyone took my comment about my girl mentioning I could have made money seriously, I was letting them/you know that she was sincerely kidding because I never once thought about making a dime off of this stuff. However, I did appreciate the comments from you and others mentioning donation as well as people that mentioned me charging something etc.

What I meant by accomplishment was....for myself only. I don't create presets for other people, so it wouldn't have mattered to me if I shared that perfect Boss preset or not. I've got about 100 presets for my Digitech 2101 that people have offered me big bucks for. I was probably one of their biggest advocators since Jennifer Batten. I've shared my presets with a few close friends, but do not feel bad that I didn't share them with the Digitech community. The 100 patches I made took me from 1994 until the day I got my AxeFx. That's a long time. I didn't want to share them because they helped to give me MY identity, know what I mean?

Sometimes, the challenge of nailing the sounds you hear in your head is enough even if you never share. The other side of the coin, (if you're in the "help business" you learn this quickly.) some guys grab all they can from you, and either rip you apart behind your back or act like you never existed or helped them out. Not that it matters, but we're human...we're passionate and respect goes a long way. If I got paid for all the times I've been abused while helping/coaching/sharing with others, I'd be pretty rich there too. LOL!

I've learned to be a bit more selective. Though I hope no one dies or gets sick before they try my VH preset, it's not my call to make...realistically speaking. I share what I know as often as I can which is why I went into such detail with the video's I've created along with the patches.

At the end of the day, it's great to share. Whether it be knowledge, a patch, something to improve work-flow, sound identification etc....it's a good thing. If someone chooses not to, I respect that just the same. There was a guy on here that had some pretty incredible EVH sounds. He chose not to share them because he was in a working Vegas act and he felt the authentic sounds may affect his livelihood. Would it have happened? Probably not....but, we had to respect his wishes and I know some were upset with the guy while not understanding his point of view. I do totally see your point though and respect where you're coming from. Thanks!

Hi Danny,

Thank you very much for your hard work! Your video is awesome!
I just bought the AX8 and first thing I uploaded your patches. The problem is they don't work (no sound).
Do you have any suggestion about it?

Thank you again,

Fran

Hi Danny,

Thank you very much for your hard work! Your video is awesome!
I just bought the AX8 and first thing I uploaded your patches. The problem is they don't work (no sound).
Do you have any suggestion about it?

Thank you again,

Fran

Hi Fran, hmm..I have no idea how or why that may be happening to you. I've tested the patches extensively on this end by uploading and putting them into another location. They work fine for me.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you do not have the cab saved to a user location, or maybe you are not using the cab at all? Here are the cabs individually in case that is the problem. Save them to a user location on your AX8, and load up EVD II for the first preset, EVD TM for the second preset. Or...it really doesn't matter as both presets I've shared are the same with the differences being the cab block. See if that helps you. :) Good luck!

Attachments

• EVD TM.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 133
  • EVD II.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 138
Danny,

Thank you very much for your quick response! You are right! I checked this stuff first in the morning (07:00 AM) and discovered the cab box was empty! Thank you again for your great contribution to the AX8 community and VH fans! You rock!

Danny,

Thank you very much for your quick response! You are right! I checked this stuff first in the morning (07:00 AM) and discovered the cab box was empty! Thank you again for your great contribution to the AX8 community and VH fans! You rock!

Ah that's great news, Fran! So glad that's all it was. You're welcome, thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the Fractal family. Enjoy! :)

Dang Dan!! Awesome Carvin Axe BTW... I just ordered the JB24
Jason Becker Tribute Numbers Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo, I also have two Carvin Bolt Plus, I love Carvin guitars!!
Thanks for sharing everything, you're talent is a great inspiration to a lot of us..

I have scoured this thread and about 20 pages of searches, and I just can't find the thread that has the AXE FX II version of this.
I have seen it referenced in this thread, but no link given and I can't find it. I would love to download the patch for the AXE II. Can someone point me to it?

Just wanted to throw in another thanks man. Great presets, great playing, and the awesome video was icing on the cake! Thanks for your work on this- It's awesome there are people with skills that so dwarf my own.

Danny, thanks for posting this and creating this package! This has pushed me to get the AX8.. i owned the standard unit many years ago but it never sounded this good!! Have you tried to get any of the 5150 type tones?? Ps.. great playing!!!

Back
Top Bottom