VIDEO From Van Halen I to 1984 (PATCHES INCLUDED)

You mentioned it in the previous video you did for the Axe-Fx and I forgot to comment about it then after trying the patch but the pinch harmonics just SCREAM bro. I'm going all Zakk Wylde over here. LOL! Outstanding job man.

Cool video and playing Danny. It seems you relearned the VH stuff with your guitar tuned to Db? Transcribing everything up a whole step. I started watching and was like "he's playing in a different position but it sounds right?" :p
Don't have an AX8 myself but I can learn a few things and apply it to my AxeFx II

You mentioned it in the previous video you did for the Axe-Fx and I forgot to comment about it then after trying the patch but the pinch harmonics just SCREAM bro. I'm going all Zakk Wylde over here. LOL! Outstanding job man.

You know why that is? The amps Cliff gave us are emulating 12Ax7 tones correctly and I gave you two good cabs to make the pinches even stronger.

That is one of the ways I can tell a tube amp. The pinch harms will lash out differently than a solid state rig. That's one problem with all the vh tones I have heard for axe fx....they all have that transistor sound and when you do pinch harms, they sound digital and fake. My tone may not be exactly like Eddie's, but it has all the right characteristics of his sound. With a few tweaks you guys should be able to get darned close.

Cool video and playing Danny. It seems you relearned the VH stuff with your guitar tuned to Db? Transcribing everything up a whole step. I started watching and was like "he's playing in a different position but it sounds right?" :p
Don't have an AX8 myself but I can learn a few things and apply it to my AxeFx II

Thanks Rex! I'm actually down to C in a slide tuning. I can barely play in standard the way you guys play. I think some of it sounds almost right. Quite a few things I can't play due to the tuning. Intro to mean streets, anything with drone e or a notes. I do the best I can, though my heart is in my originals where I can be as weird as I need to be lol. :)

Ok, I'm no VH even though I play in a VH tribute band on the side. It's just that...a "tribute to VH". So, don't be mad at me for not playing like Eddie. LOL! You guys do it better than I do, trust me , I know! :p

And yes, I play in a weird tuning and I know what you see doesn't look right. I'm a weirdo, what can I say. LOL!!

As promised, here is the video and the patches. These are bundle files, so hopefully the cabs load with each preset.

Full video with me playing in it:

Video of just AX8 talk explaining the presets:

Amazing!!!!!!!!! You are the one!!!

Great video and tones. Maybe I missed it but can you explain the reason for 2 inputs coming from the input block.....where the phaser is in parallel with the shunt?

Thanks for sharing the patch.

Great video and tones. Maybe I missed it but can you explain the reason for 2 inputs coming from the input block.....where the phaser is in parallel with the shunt?

Thanks for sharing the patch.

The phaser just sounded the way I wanted it to in that particular position. Eddie has a certain dirt in his effects due to running them in line instead of through an effects loop. The phaser got that dirty phase sound in that spot and didn't seem to give me what I was looking for when I tried it in other positions.

Another big thank you for this patch Danny. I am loving it. Fantastic work.

I know you have already done so much here, but would be interested if you ever have time to list out a few of VH tunes you use each scene for?

Danny,I have seen a lot of video, and as always, it's great !
But i have a question very important for me ;)
I saw that your preset are always in stereo.
Actually, i work on my third album, and i always record my guitar rhythm in mono, and sometimes double it at the opposite Pan.
Do you think it's better to record the rhythm track in stereo with the same preset ? i work with Pro Tools.
I don't know if my question is "clear" but i often think that it's easier to Pan the guitar if i record it in mono.
Have you some advises ?

Back
Top Bottom