VIDEO: From Van Halen I to 1984 and beyond....(PATCH INCLUDED)

Watch the "VH Complete Settings" vid ..., you can see each effect ....

Just finished them. I do not know much about the modifiers and that was not shown. Can you please reveal settings (Flanger)? The Stereo Jet Flanger looks a little different in the FX8. There is no (LFO Bypass Reset) Great job explaining everything. I really think you have a future in this stuff! LOL :)

Last edited:
I have tried to translate these setting to my FX8. Does anyone here have a FX8 to check out and help tweak my settings? See attached.

Attachments

• VH TEST.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
Thanks so much, Danny. These videos and patches are evidence that you're a pretty selfless dude who enjoys helping others. What goes around comes around ya know. LOVE VH patches! Thanks again for the time and effort. Awesome results!

Thanks so much, Danny. These videos and patches are evidence that you're a pretty selfless dude who enjoys helping others. What goes around comes around ya know. LOVE VH patches! Thanks again for the time and effort. Awesome results!

You're welcome.....and thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed everything. :)

Ok. I just read your review of the Mark II Danny. So you have an FX8? I sure would appreciate and all us FX8 users if you could take the time to review my VH Test file above and make it sound more like your AXE FX VanDanzi patch. It would be a good test for your new Mark II. Thank You again. Tony

Ok. I just read your review of the Mark II Danny. So you have an FX8? I sure would appreciate and all us FX8 users if you could take the time to review my VH Test file above and make it sound more like your AXE FX VanDanzi patch. It would be a good test for your new Mark II. Thank You again. Tony

Yeah I'll definitely check it out, but I can't see how we would get close to my XL+ patch. The key to that patch is the amp block and cab block. Also, the amp or sound source I'm using for my fx8 is different than what you are using.....so how do you determine what to do to make it sound more like my patch? I see this as impossible, but I'll check out your preset this afternoon.

Thank you. I am not looking for perfection I want something close. I am starting to think about switching to the AXE FX II. I just need to do more research on what is need for rig.

Thank you. I am not looking for perfection I want something close. I am starting to think about switching to the AXE FX II. I just need to do more research on what is need for rig.

I totally understand. I'm just trying to let you know that it will be hard to even come close. With an XL or equivalent, you can be more accurate due to the amp block and cab block. The cab block was created from an actual van Halen tone match. Without that, even with the amp block, the patch does not sound like van halen.

Take into account that you and I are using two different amps that behave differently and you are left with a sound that will be different for all of us. There's no way to make it sound closer. If your amp is a fender and mine is a Marshall or peavey, the settings I would use in my fx8 would be drastically different from yours.

Again though, I will check out the patch, but there will be no way to make.it sound more like vh with us using different gear. If we had the same stuff, we'd have a better chance.

But as of right now, the only things we could work on would be the settings of flanger, chorus, phaser, reverb, delay and pitch......which you can dial in by watching my last video showing each block. But the actual vh tonality will not be possible I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, I can't make your patch work with my FX8 MKII. My firmware doesn't support your patch. Sorry. :(

Sorry if I have missed something here (I have read through the thread), but was there an AX8 version of this patch created? Would be awesome if someone could upload it, or point me in the right direction to find it. Thanks a lot!

Sorry if I have missed something here (I have read through the thread), but was there an AX8 version of this patch created? Would be awesome if someone could upload it, or point me in the right direction to find it. Thanks a lot!

There is one somewhere, but I don't know where it is as I did not have an AX8 at the time this thread was created. Someone else created the AX8 patch you are referring to. That said, I do have one now and can definitely share something close to what you hear and see in the video. I'll need a little time to do this though as the capabilities I have in the AX8 are not the same as what I did with this patch in my XL+.

When this thread was started, I was one of those who said, I would try to make this patch work in Ax8, but as I looked more into the video, I gave up. There is just too much going on.

But Danny probably knows, what is essential, and what is not, so if you can come up with something in the ballpark, it would be great.

There is one somewhere, but I don't know where it is as I did not have an AX8 at the time this thread was created. Someone else created the AX8 patch you are referring to. That said, I do have one now and can definitely share something close to what you hear and see in the video. I'll need a little time to do this though as the capabilities I have in the AX8 are not the same as what I did with this patch in my XL+.
That would be most excellent of you Danny! Thanks so much in advance. Will be a lot of very happy AX8 owners reading this :)

That would be most excellent of you Danny! Thanks so much in advance. Will be a lot of very happy AX8 owners reading this :)

Yeah it's a bit challenging while not having the options the XL+ has, but I've managed to get close. I don't have any expression pedals for my AX8 yet, so I'm going to configure the VH patch without any of that stuff.

I think I can get every VH tone using all 8 scenes in a single patch. The only issue there is, you will definitely get a glitch changing scenes due to all the X/Y changes.

I could create two banks of individual presets as well. I need to think about it and experiment a little more to see what will be best performance wise for AX8 users. The patches sound great. I just need to tweak and figure a few more things out. I won't forget you guys, I promise. Hang in there. :)

You sir , are a jewel!!!! Awesome

Thanks, just doing my part when I can. I messed with the sounds today for quite some time. They don't seem to glitch when using scenes. This is a good thing. The down side is, I will only be able to provide sounds from VH1 to 1984 in one preset.

The later Eddie sounds will require a few different things that will need attention. So let's get the early ones out of the way first and we can revisit the newer tones at a later time. Speaking of time, I don't have much these days. Hoping to get these wrapped up for you guys before the weekend. :) I don't want to promise, but that's what I'm striving for.

Thanks, just doing my part when I can. I messed with the sounds today for quite some time. They don't seem to glitch when using scenes. This is a good thing. The down side is, I will only be able to provide sounds from VH1 to 1984 in one preset.

The later Eddie sounds will require a few different things that will need attention. So let's get the early ones out of the way first and we can revisit the newer tones at a later time. Speaking of time, I don't have much these days. Hoping to get these wrapped up for you guys before the weekend. :) I don't want to promise, but that's what I'm striving for.
It's cool that you're even considering extra-work requests.

Back
Top Bottom