VIDEO: From Van Halen I to 1984 and beyond....(PATCH INCLUDED)

NO WORRIES, iVE got them down to my liking, whether a few things are off here or there are NOTHING, compared to the sounds I already have from you, and the effort youve put in. All is WONDERFUL, and thanks again!

Well you can have them down for your liking a bit better as there is a new video taking you through every block on every scene with a bit more info on each scene as well as the reasons etc. This should explain things a bit better than the other video.

Well you can have them down for your liking a bit better as there is a new video taking you through every block on every scene with a bit more info on each scene as well as the reasons etc. This should explain things a bit better than the other video.

Lol, you da man!

One last thing before I leave you guys to the patch.....remember that once you turn the pitch block off and go into "Old Eddie" mode, you can also change the cab block to Y for a warmer "old Eddie" tone. I believe I mentioned that in the first video upon release of the patch, but don't remember mentioning it in the last video. Whatever the case, now you know. Thanks again for all the kinds words, likes and messages, guys. I wish you all the best of luck with everything. :)

Sorry to keep this thread going, as I'm honestly not meaning to draw any more attention.

BUT....I've stumbled upon something ground- breaking for flanger consistency within this patch that I'd like to share with you.

I've been testing extensively and think I have it totally nailed down. I'm trying a few more things and I'll get back to you with settings and more information. Stay tuned....and then I promise to go away. :p

Sorry to keep this thread going, as I'm honestly not meaning to draw any more attention.

BUT....I've stumbled upon something ground- breaking for flanger consistency within this patch that I'd like to share with you.

I've been testing extensively and think I have it totally nailed down. I'm trying a few more things and I'll get back to you with settings and more information. Stay tuned....and then I promise to go away. :p

No sorry needed. Your posts have been great. Your patch and video is excellent. Keep it coming.

Thanks./ As far as off and on, you can set the flanger in the modifier section (same place you set the mix to be modified by an expression pedal) set the 'AUTO ON' to fast, then you turn it on and set the mix at the same time with the same pedal!)

Thanks./ As far as off and on, you can set the flanger in the modifier section (same place you set the mix to be modified by an expression pedal) set the 'AUTO ON' to fast, then you turn it on and set the mix at the same time with the same pedal!)

Not sure I follow you on that, symph. If I set that mod to auto on and fast, it turns the flanger on and does a down sweep, but it never goes up and vice versa if I change the LFO bypass to something else. It just does the same one over and over. The only thing it cuts out is me having to press the flanger button on my pedal board at the start of the riff. Am I missing something man?

Ok, here we go!!

AX8 guys will need someone to convert due to the mixer block. But I made this with two cab blocks so you don't need to worry about tone match blocks.

AxFxII guys will need to probably add a compressor to this which I show you in the video. If you fail, I can try to upload another preset that has the two comps in it since I know you don't have X/Y blocks.

XL+ guys....this is the most complete VH preset patch I can give you. It's got everything. Definitely check out the video and see what the patch can do in real time while watching the vid. It's pretty intense, but is actually easy to remember if you listen to what I say.

Instead of two patches, I've figured out a way to do everything all in one. It's not perfect but man, it should be able to get you any VH tone you ever wanted. Enjoy!

What an awesome job here Danny

Not sure I follow you on that, symph. If I set that mod to auto on and fast, it turns the flanger on and does a down sweep, but it never goes up and vice versa if I change the LFO bypass to something else. It just does the same one over and over. The only thing it cuts out is me having to press the flanger button on my pedal board at the start of the riff. Am I missing something man?

yeah I guess that may be happening, ie. Im setting the sweep timing off and on each time but you want it on, totally and use the pedal to 'ride' the peaks of the wave, so to speak. So just wondering, if flanger is ON, but you have mix at zero, it still does have some filtering effect; ie. its not totally out of the mix even at zero? (this appears so even in your video, I hear flanger with a mix of zero)?

Ok, here we go!!

AX8 guys will need someone to convert due to the mixer block. But I made this with two cab blocks so you don't need to worry about tone match blocks.

AxFxII guys will need to probably add a compressor to this which I show you in the video. If you fail, I can try to upload another preset that has the two comps in it since I know you don't have X/Y blocks.

XL+ guys....this is the most complete VH preset patch I can give you. It's got everything. Definitely check out the video and see what the patch can do in real time while watching the vid. It's pretty intense, but is actually easy to remember if you listen to what I say.

Instead of two patches, I've figured out a way to do everything all in one. It's not perfect but man, it should be able to get you any VH tone you ever wanted. Enjoy!

Hey Danny I used Axe Change to convert your patch to a Axe 2 patch but the second cab, the mean street one didn't come through. Is it available as a stand alone download, the means street cab that is? Cheers

Danny you're awesome ! :D

Thanks for sharing..
I like people who have no problem, to share their knowledge;)
you use the "Mixer Lock"
so interesting and curious :)

Good job :cool:

Last edited:
awesome patch. 1 question though. is there a reason I cant adjust the drive in the amp block or is it just me?

awesome patch. 1 question though. is there a reason I cant adjust the drive in the amp block or is it just me?

It's tied to the expression pedal .... If you want it to be a fixed amount, just delete the controller. If you want it to be adjustable with the pedal, just different amounts of gain. You need to adjust the start and end parameters in the controller section.

thank you. I don't have any pedals, so I never have used controllers. they are in the amp block somewhere im assuming?

Back
Top Bottom