VIDEO: From Van Halen I to 1984 and beyond....(PATCH INCLUDED)

Danny Danzi

Power User
Please check through the posts in the thread for additional info and a new video that was just uploaded 5-1-16 with each scene and setting for each block for those that do not have an XL+

To jump to that video it's here:

You may want to look at the other video first though as well as the patch here at post #14. :)

Hey guys,

Got two really killer patches coming your way with a video to show you how to use them. You literally should be able to get just about any VH tone you can think of with these if you do a little tweaking.

I'd post them tonight, but I'm getting hammered by storms and have other work I need to do once it passes. I'm hoping to shoot the video later tonight or tomorrow and wrap this up for you in a day or so....sooner if possible.

These patches basically have tone matches in them from Unchained and Mean Streets. With both of them, all you have to do is minor tweaking to get any VH tone you want...just about. The presets are pretty much like the last one I shared, but these have a little more going on. Easy to use though, I promise!

I'm going to try and write something up for you too so you know how to use the patches from looking at a chart instead of referring to the video. But I do want to do the video so you can see all the possibilities. I know you guys love this stuff, so I promise to get it together for you as soon as I can. I just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about you. :)

Last edited:
Working on it guys. Discovered a few things today that needed to be changed and tweaked due to the new fw. Just about ready to finalize the presets (with tone match and cab blocks) and shoot the video. See you soon....hang in there a little longer. :)

Thanks for your efforts Danny, you are a forum treasure. Having a grumpy a** stress fest this week and the thought of rocking some genuine DD VH presets for a brain reset is a thing to look forward to.

Ok, here we go!!

AX8 guys will need someone to convert due to the mixer block. But I made this with two cab blocks so you don't need to worry about tone match blocks.

AxFxII guys will need to probably add a compressor to this which I show you in the video. If you fail, I can try to upload another preset that has the two comps in it since I know you don't have X/Y blocks.

XL+ guys....this is the most complete VH preset patch I can give you. It's got everything. Definitely check out the video and see what the patch can do in real time while watching the vid. It's pretty intense, but is actually easy to remember if you listen to what I say.

Instead of two patches, I've figured out a way to do everything all in one. It's not perfect but man, it should be able to get you any VH tone you ever wanted. Enjoy!

Attachments

• VanDanzi 1-84+.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,006
Ok, here we go!!

AX8 guys will need someone to convert due to the mixer block. But I made this with two cab blocks so you don't need to worry about tone match blocks.

AxFxII guys will need to probably add a compressor to this which I show you in the video. If you fail, I can try to upload another preset that has the two comps in it since I know you don't have X/Y blocks.

XL+ guys....this is the most complete VH preset patch I can give you. It's got everything. Definitely check out the video and see what the patch can do in real time while watching the vid. It's pretty intense, but is actually easy to remember if you listen to what I say.

Instead of two patches, I've figured out a way to do everything all in one. It's not perfect but man, it should be able to get you any VH tone you ever wanted. Enjoy!

Danny,
That was brilliant. Obviously you put a lot of time and energy into the vid and it's much appreciated. Sounds great!!

Back
Top Bottom