[Video] - Firmware 6.02 - A few new things

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
In this video I show a few of the new things that are in Firmware 6.02. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...axe-edit-1-01-09-and-fc-firmware-1-08.151773/

Also notice that the Home screen Quick Knob functions have changed a bit. We now have a direct way to get to FC Setup by pushing Knob D, and Tuner, Layout and Controllers have shifted over to the left by one. With the new Perform Tabs, we don't really need that Amp1 quick jump anymore.

00:31 - Filter LFO function
05:13 - Shimmer Verb (Plex Delay Block)
7:49 - New Perform Tab setup in Axe-Edit
12:33 - FC - Layout Inc/Dec with Wrapping
13:58 - New Home Screen Quick Control functions

Great video, Chris. I was completely unaware of the new performance tab functions menu in Axe Edit! They really overhauled this idea quiet a bit since I last messed with it. Amazing. Thank you.

Anyone notice that the shimmer verb in the the Plex block is a CPU hog? I tried using it with one of my presests that is currently using about 70% and it brought the cpu usage up to almost 90% and I got the warning signal. Is that right? Is one effect block supposed to use that much CPU?

Anyone notice that the shimmer verb in the the Plex block is a CPU hog? I tried using it with one of my presests that is currently using about 70% and it brought the cpu usage up to almost 90% and I got the warning signal. Is that right? Is one effect block supposed to use that much CPU?
Just checked Chris's video. As soon as he turned on the shimmer, it jumped 10%.
That's a lot of juice for one effect. 20% is off the charts.

Just checked Chris's video. As soon as he turned on the shimmer, it jumped 10%.
That's a lot of juice for one effect. 20% is off the charts.

You have to remember though to do that effect its a pitch delay reverb so you are essentially taking 3 blocks
I would guess 10 % is likely less than the other 3 combined

I would also guess one reason for this
Is a easy for the user and perhaps B
For the FM3 to allow one block to do 3 tasks. So that all reverb isnt in core 2

Back
Top Bottom