[Video] - Firmware 1.09 - Major new features demo'd

Awesome job man! I am in the same boat as you! I missed the mark on feb and then hit it right after, and youtube is still WAY behind on approving channels. Hopefully you get it back this month!

interesting. it should not "start a new loop" while playing. it can only do that from a stopped position - maybe it's stopping somehow quickly.

try setting the new Effect Bypass from VALUE to TOGGLE - the first thing in the video. i briefly mention how it helps the looper, and it might be the key here too. the lights on the MFC might get unsynced, but you may just have to ignore that.

Nope, still won't go into overdub after you hit play. The only way to get into overdub is hitting record twice in a row.

Last edited:
Nope, still won't go into overdub after you hit play. The only way to get into overdub is hitting record twice in a row.
What value is your MFC sending for the “Bypass” click? If it’s set to “off” like previous instruction then that makes sense.

set it to any numeric value instead of off and make sure the new TOGGLE option is turned on in the Axe.

What value is your MFC sending for the “Bypass” click? If it’s set to “off” like previous instruction then that makes sense.

set it to any numeric value instead of off and make sure the new TOGGLE option is turned on in the Axe.

I'm not sure what you mean by bypass. I haven't set anything for bypass on the looper, just record & play.

I honestly have no idea how to tell LOL! Like I said, if I hit the rec switch a second time, it goes into overdub. If I hit the play switch, then the rec switch, it starts a new recording.

I honestly have no idea how to tell LOL! Like I said, if I hit the rec switch a second time, it goes into overdub. If I hit the play switch, then the rec switch, it starts a new recording.
Look at the messages the switch is sending in Midi menu on the MFC. How did you program them before?

Is there any sound degredation when using the intelligent mode on the noise gate (with EMI filtering)?

No. Not sure why FAS would release something with such a common function that degraded the sound. *shrug*

Of course, since most EMI filter pedals kill the tone I was just wondering. It’s a nice feature indeed!

Look at the messages the switch is sending in Midi menu on the MFC. How did you program them before?
Here is what MFC Edit is showing. I programmed it before I got the software & I have no idea if this is even correct as it is showing some things correct for the current set up to use with the III & some that are left over from my II set up.
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 12.12.25 PM.png

Here is what MFC Edit is showing. I programmed it before I got the software & I have no idea if this is even correct as it is showing some things correct for the current set up to use with the III & some that are left over from my II set up.
View attachment 47259
ahh this helps.

just a guess, try changing the switch TYPE to Momentary instead of Toggle, and set C1 OFF from 0 to Off/None.

The global settings save is a gold mine. That will save a ton of time doing presets. I am curious just how many effects has this also. I won't have time to do the updates until tomorrow sometime. I like the scene save function. Before, I would have to make changes, then change to Scene one and then save, This will save steps also. The boost functions will help also. All of these changes are huge. All the things that were frustrating is now solved.

Chris, I do have one question on the global block save. I understand all on the Axe itself, but how can you back this up in case you crash. I assume if you do a full back up, the global blocks will be saved also. Can you also save them individually to your computer through Fractal bot? I hope at least the full back up will save everything saved globally.

Chris, I do have one question on the global block save. I understand all on the Axe itself, but how can you back this up in case you crash. I assume if you do a full back up, the global blocks will be saved also. Can you also save them individually to your computer through Fractal bot? I hope at least the full back up will save everything saved globally.
Global Blocks are just settings - they aren't actually "blocks" like we know which can be turned into .blk files, etc. just save your presets as normal, back that up as normal. Global Blocks data will be in System Settings backups like it was on the Axe2. you'd reload all of that data at once, not one Global Block at a time.

Back
Top Bottom