[Video] - Firmware 1.09 - Major new features demo'd

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
this video was originally made for the Public Beta, but it applies to the Release Version as well.

--
hey guys, i went through the release notes and made a video covering most of the changes that FW 1.09 Public Beta gave us.

i never like asking this, but if this video has been helpful, consider a small tip at https://streamjar.tv/tip/axefxtutorials

i normally wouldn't ask for a "free" video like this, but YouTube took away Monetization for many channels earlier this year, and we have been waiting 3+ months for them to "review" our qualified channel. i have all the numbers they want, they just keep pushing the review date back.

anyway, enjoy!

0:40 - Effect Bypass Mode (CC#s)
4:54 - Default Scene
7:15 - Modifier Channel
14:20 - Amp Block Boost and Level
15:58 - Prompt on Preset Change
18:33 - Global Blocks
25:46 - Looper Changes
36:50 - Improved Input Gate

Last edited:
Jeez, how could I miss the boost on the preamp Axe-Edit page ? and I just made oa short tweaking video... Guess I was searching it on the left for whatever reason ! Anyway, thanks for the video Chris :)

Great video @chris. Tip sent your way. Worth every penny.

Two Q's - On the looper, do I have to make any changes to the CC's while still using the MFC for this functionality to work.

And I assume no, but loops are not saved with presets? ie They must be recreated?

Thanks. Great stuff.

@rnjscooter - You should watch this. The 13 minute mark is exactly what you were trying to do that we did with the multiplexor. Much easier now!!

MM

Great video Chris! I do still have an issue with the looper. The new functions work great when using the front panel but not with the MFC. Still the same issue as before. Anyone have any idea how to get this to work on the MFC so I can hit the play button, then go back & hit record to overdub? Right now if I do that, it starts a new loop.

Great video Chris! I do still have an issue with the looper. The new functions work great when using the front panel but not with the MFC. Still the same issue as before. Anyone have any idea how to get this to work on the MFC so I can hit the play button, then go back & hit record to overdub? Right now if I do that, it starts a new loop.
you want to Overdub while the loop is stopped? or while it's playing?

You have, once again, managed to put out something helpful and timely. You're an asset to the FAS community, and to FAS!

While it's playing.
interesting. it should not "start a new loop" while playing. it can only do that from a stopped position - maybe it's stopping somehow quickly.

try setting the new Effect Bypass from VALUE to TOGGLE - the first thing in the video. i briefly mention how it helps the looper, and it might be the key here too. the lights on the MFC might get unsynced, but you may just have to ignore that.

Back
Top Bottom