Video - FC-12 - Quick Look | Default Layouts | EZ Switch Editing

Sorry if this was in there somewhere, but does using the "rocker" always have to go to the main menu or can it switch between say presets and effects?
It always goes to the Master Layout Menu. You can reprogram what is on that, as technically it is “Layout 9.” But that special switch combination always goes to “Layout 9” which by default shows the 8 layouts.

If you do change that layout, you won’t be able to change to other Layouts unless you put direct layout switches on some other layout, or change using the EZ menu like I showed. So just plan ahead. You could use it to change to a “favorites page” of switches from any other Layout. But consider if you actually need that sort of immediate access to things, and why you wouldn’t have those functions available elsewhere.

Of course, many ways to program and use this so I’m not suggesting it’s wrong or bad. Just to consider if that complexity is really needed. If so, it’s there.

It always goes to the Master Layout Menu. You can reprogram what is on that, as technically it is “Layout 9.” But that special switch combination always goes to “Layout 9” which by default shows the 8 layouts.

If you do change that layout, you won’t be able to change to other Layouts unless you put direct layout switches on some other layout, or change using the EZ menu like I showed. So just plan ahead. You could use it to change to a “favorites page” of switches from any other Layout. But consider if you actually need that sort of immediate access to things, and why you wouldn’t have those functions available elsewhere.

Of course, many ways to program and use this so I’m not suggesting it’s wrong or bad. Just to consider if that complexity is really needed. If so, it’s there.

Thanks for the response and the video. Ideally I'd like to toggle back and forth between a layout of presets and a layout of effects. (I don't use scenes). What's the easiest way to do that?

Thanks for the response and the video. Ideally I'd like to toggle back and forth between a layout of presets and a layout of effects. (I don't use scenes). What's the easiest way to do that?
Make a layout of presets, but set one switch to directly go to your Effects layout. Then make an Effects Layout, but set the same switch to directly go to your Presets Layout.

I showed exactly this with Default Layout 7 & 8. Just change more of the switches to preset type in Layout 7 and you’re there.

If you really need all switches and can’t afford that one Layout switch, you can use “Layout 9” for one of those, and constantly do the rocker switch action to get in and out of that Layout, returning to the previous one. But I find it much easier to press one dedicated switch than doing the rocker action all night.

Thanks Chris, this is very well thought out and easy to understand.

If you get a chance I'd love to see an in-depth on using Per-Preset switches :)

i made a video showing the FC-12. i give a quick overview, then show all 8 Default Layouts, with some other info along the way. i then quickly show how to edit any switch using the EZ Menu on the Axe-Fx III.

this 30 minute video took 9+ hours straight to write, setup, record, edit and upload, so i hope you like it :)

[i'll add timestamps later. it's 1:30am here and i need to sleep for a 6am alarm.]

(AX8 video is next on the list - i've been waiting for the chance to record and post this video while beta testing the FC)

Nice one Chris.....Hope to see more.

Also, @rnjscooter made a few videos doing this with the FC6, but same process on the 12. Very helpful.

@chris Great video, very helpful too. Thanks for doing it.

Even though I'm happy with the MMGT16, I got on the waitlist just in case. The videos and reviews are making me ready to buy the FC now.

Thanks Chris!! My FC-12 shows up tomorrow. Your video is very timely and helpful. Look forward to getting started on my configuration when the FC-12 arrives.

Many thanks for you video !

Do someone know if there is a way to link a switch of the FC12 to Output 1 Volume Incement/Decrement ?

Or use an external switch to do the same thing ?

Last edited:
Many, many thanks in advance. I have some possible questions, but maybe they will already be answered in your vid. Have to watch later.
thanks

Many thanks for you video !

Do someone know if there is a way to link a switch of the FC12 to Output 1 Volume Incement/Decrement ?

Or use an external switch to do the same thing ?
See page 31 on the manual... It may or may not work for you.

Excellent excellent Chris. Thank you! Totally stoked!

Just one thing, you kinda lost me on how you set up that single switch to toggle through three layout pages.

Excellent excellent Chris. Thank you! Totally stoked!

Just one thing, you kinda lost me on how you set up that single switch to toggle through three layout pages.
In Layout 1, set the switch to go to Layout 2
In Layout 2, set the switch to go to Layout 3
In Layout 3, set the switch to go to Layout 1

Back
Top Bottom