Video - FC-12 - Quick Look | Default Layouts | EZ Switch Editing

Hello atquinn, as I have tried to explain to others on this thread, per your example, if I select P6, Allman Brothers and I the move over to the left and hit P2, Blues Fusion, P2's mini display will say Blues Fusion and the active ring for that preset will light up. P6's display will still say Allman Brothers , but the active ring is dim. If I then go back to Allman Brothers and select it, it will still be Allman Brothers, only it is active now. It will not toggle back to SRV when I select it unless I tap the switch one more time. I think that is the point I was trying to make where a lot of guys on this thread were getting confused. As far as "how will I know what preset the toggle will go to when I step on it", is not that hard for me to remember since I programmed the presets and put them in logical places that may relate to each of the presets toggled or may be presets for songs I am playing in the same set as the bank I am in. As I mentioned above in another email, used to use a Roland FC-100 and there were a couple hundred presets in the unit but no mini displays to read. I got around well on that unit for years just because I not only memorized the names of the numbered presets in my head but also placed them in a logical order to keep similar presets for a particular song close together.

So the bottom line for my threads regarding the FC-12 is that my preferences may not work for everybody but I know what I want and have good reasons for it. Just hope the software programmers will take my suggestion and add the current name of the preset as one of the choices in the Preset /Toggle in Bank/ Mini Display Label programming menu.
This describes “stay on previous selection” not “current preset” as I linked before. Several people have submitted that wish.

I think the words you’re using is what’s confusing us. “Current” doesn’t describe what you’re actually wanting.

This describes “stay on previous selection” not “current preset” as I linked before. Several people have submitted that wish.

I think the words you’re using is what’s confusing us. “Current” doesn’t describe what you’re actually wanting.

OK, I guess my terminology is incorrect, so I guess I should scratch the word Current and just use the word Name or Target Name of the preset, as opposed to Destination Name.

The FC-12 Manual under Mini Display Options for Preset Functions describes what I am looking for as:
*** Name – Shows the name (first 10 characters) of the target preset. Page 27...

Back
Top Bottom