Video - FC-12 - Quick Look | Default Layouts | EZ Switch Editing

Just picked up mine this aft! This is great to see a couple of vids out there! Thx for taking the time!

i made a video showing the FC-12. i give a quick overview, then show all 8 Default Layouts, with some other info along the way. i then quickly show how to edit any switch using the EZ Menu on the Axe-Fx III.

I got an FC-12 today and I watched your FC-12 video.

The large window of your FC-12 is a different color than mine.
My large window is the color of your mini windows, and my mini windows are the color of your large window.

Q: Is there a way to change the background color of the large window?

My large window is the color of your mini windows, and my mini windows are the color of your large window.

i don't understand this, and i'm probably not the one to answer it.

Very helpful video by the way. Thanks! In one evening I customized four layouts to suit my specific needs and everything seems to be working well so far. I thought I would need to buy two FC-12's to do what I needed, but it looks like I'll be able to do everything I need with one. The FC-12 is very versatile and well thought out.

I'm pretty sure Chris has a beta version... Note the exposed screw heads on top where (I assume) the monkey grips used to be?

That being said, displays all look like the one in the video... They are all the same color as far as I can tell.

The background and text of the large and small windows don’t match on mine.

The small windows on mine have a bright white background with blue writing. These look good.

The large window on mine is a dim dull gray with dark gray writing, and almost looks like the LED is bad (or much poorer quality than the small LEDs).

I checked and the FC Main LCD Contrast is set to 100% and FC Global Brightness is set to 100%. So no way to brighten up the Main LCD any more.

I just contacted support to try and figure out if the Main LED is defective, or if the Main LCD is just that much poorer quality than the small LCDs.

Last edited:
The background and text of the large and small windows don’t match on mine.

The small windows on mine have a bright white background with blue writing. These look good.

The large window on mine is a dim dull gray with dark gray writing, and almost looks like the LED is bad (or much poorer quality than the small LEDs).

I checked and the FC Main LCD Contrast is set to 100% and FC Global Brightness is set to 100%. So no way to brighten up the Main LCD any more.

I just contacted support to try and figure out if I got a defective FC-12, or if the Main LCD is just that much poorer quality than the small LCDs.
The white + blue is supposed to be reserved for Hold functions and only when you press the switch.

Are you seeing this all the time or only in some cases?

I'm sure support will get you sorted.

I always enjoy your tutorials Chris......great stuff and very much appreciated as some of us know the efforts that go into making these vids. Thanks!
Now......I am learning to use the FC and this keeps me busy while awaiting the invite in the meantime. :)

The white + blue is supposed to be reserved for Hold functions and only when you press the switch.
Are you seeing this all the time or only in some cases?

The small LEDS look great. The background is bright white with blue writing all the time except for a brief moment if you use the hold function, then it briefly switches to a blue background with white writing, then switches back. I like the look of the small LEDS with bright white background and blue writing. The large LED is a dim dull gray with dark gray writing. I wish the large LED looked as good as the small ones.

The small LEDS look great. The background is bright white with blue writing all the time except for a brief moment if you use the hold function, then it briefly switches to a blue background with white writing, then switches back. I like the look of the small LEDS with bright white background and blue writing. The large LED is a dim dull gray with dark gray writing. I wish the large LED looked as good as the small ones.
Sounds like something is backwards on yours... You just described the reverse of expected behavior.

Just curious, when you boot up, what FC Firmware version is displayed?

Honestly, I think I would prefer what you're seeing, too.

Firmware 1.03

On a different note:

I think I just discovered a possible bug in the FC-12.

On the stock Channels layout #4, button #6 does not light up at all. Whether you step on it or not.
It was set to default from the factory.
I tried setting it to every other color with no luck. The ring doesn't light up at all.

Button #6 works and lights up for all other layouts except Channels layout #4.

Is any one else having experiencing this?
Switch 6 is for a particular block. is that block present in the current Preset?

i made a video showing the FC-12. i give a quick overview, then show all 8 Default Layouts, with some other info along the way. i then quickly show how to edit any switch using the EZ Menu on the Axe-Fx III.

this 30 minute video took 9+ hours straight to write, setup, record, edit and upload, so i hope you like it :)

[i'll add timestamps later. it's 1:30am here and i need to sleep for a 6am alarm.]

(AX8 video is next on the list - i've been waiting for the chance to record and post this video while beta testing the FC)

Thanks man!

Will you be able to post a picture to make it easy for us to understand?

The FC-12 is really versatile. I think anyone who gets one of these will be amazed at the possibilities, and will quickly figure out how to best customize it for their particular needs. I think people will figure out all kinds of unique ways of using the FC-12.

Back
Top Bottom