Video : farewell to V7 and a nice idea (delay's feedback controlled by enveloppe)

I for one appreciate you sending these so quick....for us Stereo guys this is BONUS.
If you open a site, I will donate.

Thanks again guys. You can send me a message on thibderob at yahoo.fr or d3usxm4ch1n4 at gmail.com for the presets, my inbox is getting full again every five minute :)

I got a lot of questions for my controller settings, the thing is I just have a MidiMate, so I control everything with only one expression pedal, like the morphing normal - tremolo - rotary in preset 3, the backing playback when I play the melody in preset 22 "Boulevard of broken dreams"... The only exception is for the looper where I don't have any alternative than using some instant switches, else I don't like to tap dance with the MidiMate. maybe I should open a personal website and accept some paypal to help me fund a MFC ;)

I'm just listening to this video now. Wow. You have some stellar sounding presets and some seriously nice chops to make use of them. That JC120 Ultraclean patch in particular is really, really nice.

Would love to see some of those up on Axe-Change man!

maybe I should open a personal website and accept some paypal to help me fund a MFC ;)

Haven't had time to test these yet, but if they sound as good with my gear as in the video, you deserve a MFC..
I think guys like you, Groovenut and others who contribute with this kind of quality, and quantity, are worth a few dollars from my account. Not only are the presets nice as is, also it's very educational to study them and try to find what is tweaked inside that makes them so much better than what I can accomplish myself.

Love that envelope feedback thingie. I also loved that guitar sound you're soloing with. Sounds awesome as well as the playing! very Vai-ish!

I would love to play a bit with that solo tone :)

I always keep track of my best presets before updating a firmware. here's some of my V7 presets (and tweaked presets of other users)
Head straight to the 21th minute approx. for a nice idea I just had, controlling the delay feedback with enveloppe. I tweak this one in real time (with some trial and error first, ahaha, I'm sick with a tropical flu and had trouble concentrating). Original preset is from Simeon but I changed the lead sound. The tape delay is the schnizit !
Axe Fx II - Firmware 7 presets demo - YouTube

I think it's time that we do something for one of our community.. fremen needs a MFC-101 and I would like to spend some money for him that he can buy one... but I thought if we all that we have already the wonderful work on Axe Fx II and the others who would like to have them just put together the money for one MFC and FAS could send him one from us... This patches are really wonderful and it's a lot of work behind them, and if we can help.. let's do it!!!!

I think it's time that we do something for one of our community.. fremen needs a MFC-101 and I would like to spend some money for him that he can buy one... but I thought if we all that we have already the wonderful work on Axe Fx II and the others who would like to have them just put together the money for one MFC and FAS could send him one from us... This patches are really wonderful and it's a lot of work behind them, and if we can help.. let's do it!!!!

After playing thru just the patches on bank C I have to say these are some of the best sounding patches I have tried yet for my setup at least. I would be more than happy to contribute to a fund. Hopefully, v8 won't screw with them too much. Thanks again Fremen!

If you run in to a patch with a TMA block check to see if it's still intact. Some have been cleared. I saw my Marshall patch at 291 was empty. I noted a few others as well.

I love these things and as a matter of fact I am gonna gig tomorrow with a whole bunch of Fremen's bank A. I have a lot of exploring to do as to what exactly is being controlled by what though. I see a lot of expression pedal 1 stuff but it affects more things in a patch than just one deal. One example, he has a mix block where it is changing gain and mix between two different settings and affecting four things at once.

I also had my expression pedal controlling amp X/Y so that's gotta stop. :)

Last edited:
Amazing, just amazing. The playing is great, but the tones, man the TONES!!! You're a true inspiration. If I weren't already saving for an Axe II, your video alone would have convinced me to go for it.

Thanks for putting together such a comprehensive video, and offering to share the patches.

Thank you fremen. You are an exceptional talent.

I wished someone could add your presets to the wiki.

Thank you fremen. You are an exceptional talent.

I wished someone could add your presets to the wiki.
Thanks ! Note that in those presets, there's other people works too, which I modified/adapted, like the tremolo in "boulevard of broken dreams" (adapted from a Simeon preset to demo the "slicer" effect, see preset 117). Before I used a basic tremolo for that but it's better with a volume/sequencer combo. Simeon also helped to get closer to the "Numb" tone with the synth block. "Atmosynth" is also from him but I put in my own lead sound and changed the chords played by the synth. There's also the bagpipe patch which is from someone else and I modified it for my Eb tuned guitar, etc etc.

Just ran through most of your Bank A presets. Interesting stuff! I especially like the Cornford and Lead2 presets. Interesting to see that almost always you use a Drive block with dirty amps.

Last time I tried your (Gen.1) presets was a couple of years ago I think. But your acoustic preset has always been the basis of my own "electric-to-acoustic" preset. :)

You use the "ThisOne" IR a lot and it does sound great. What is it / Where is it from?

Just ran through most of your Bank A presets. Interesting stuff! I especially like the Cornford and Lead2 presets. Interesting to see that almost always you use a Drive block with dirty amps.

Last time I tried your (Gen.1) presets was a couple of years ago I think. But your acoustic preset has always been the basis of my own "electric-to-acoustic" preset. :)

You use the "ThisOne" IR a lot and it does sound great. What is it / Where is it from?
Thanks ! "ThisOne" is from a dude from Australia who uses the nickname GuitarHack in forums. In fact I exchanged some messages with him a couple of weeks ago on Andy Sneap's, thanking him for this IR that has been my go to cab for hi gain since 2009. "ThisOne" is a 4x12 cab (mesa I think) with Vintage 30 speakers

Reactions: yek
Hi Thibauld,
Just finish to listen to your video: wow!
W
That's a whole bunch of nice sound and ideas! Not speaking about your nice playing style.
I've just sent to you a friend request on FB to have the possibility to have your preset set (sorry for the very bad pun!)
I'm interested in how you use the various controller to change my mind in that way, I use three Exp pedals which is too much sometimes to control during a gig (for me at least)
Thanks for sharing

Angelo

Fremen,

Thanks for sharing these again! You have managed to create sounds/presets that I can hear in my head, but couldn't capture. You are incredibly talented and I am so happy to have been able to hear your creations and then use them myself! You sir, truly ROCK!!

PS: A shortcut to your YouTube page is now in my Bookmarks Guitar folder .......

Back
Top Bottom