VIDEO: Fantasy Shields ft Sean Ashe - Guest Solo Playthrough

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, thought I'd share this play through video of a guest solo I did for my friend Matt Harnett's EP.

I was asked to contribute a guest solo to Matt's debut EP 'Enigma' alongside other guest players Ryan Siew and Jakub Zytecki (both are incredible talents, look them up!).

I used my 1992 ibanez RT650 (w/ Bareknuckle Black Dog (bridge), Irish Tour (middle), and VHII (neck)) into the factory setting (yes, stock factory setting) "Friedman HBE". I did change the gain/bass to match the song and match my guitar, but it was minimal tweakage.

I think that just goes to show that you can get an Axe FX and already have record ready tones within seconds of powering it up (literally).

Anyhow, hope you like the solo! \m/

Stellar !! That sounds great nice Tone and Solo...!!!

+1

Sean, is this a video of the actual take for the EP or did you replicate (lip-sync ... err ... finger-sync) your solo for the video later (just curious).

Either way - way to go Sean - fantastic all the way around.

+1

Sean, is this a video of the actual take for the EP or did you replicate (lip-sync ... err ... finger-sync) your solo for the video later (just curious).

Either way - way to go Sean - fantastic all the way around.

Thanks a ton!

This is finger synced yea, that's why I call it a 'playthrough' and not a performance.

Reason being, the MUSIC is much much much more important than the video, so that takes #1 priority. I don't do videos for all the guest solos or sessions I do of course, but I do for some.

I recorded this solo about a month and a half ago, and then shot the video yesterday.

Thanks a ton!

This is finger synced yea, that's why I call it a 'playthrough' and not a performance.

Reason being, the MUSIC is much much much more important than the video, so that takes #1 priority. I don't do videos for all the guest solos or sessions I do of course, but I do for some.

I recorded this solo about a month and a half ago, and then shot the video yesterday.

Well then I am doubly impressed Sean! :lol So how long did it take you to learn your own solo for the video? Great job! :encouragement:

Well then I am doubly impressed Sean! :lol So how long did it take you to learn your own solo for the video? Great job! :encouragement:

:D Well honestly, I only had to go through it once or so and then I had it down. I have a pretty bad memory at some things, but for music I remember pretty much everything I've ever learned (some things require going through it a time or two though but still). I'm not entirely sure why, but it's definitely a really helpful thing.

Lovely [bari-]tone and cool licks, though I'd dump the tapping and sweeping. Plain, and just don't fit the rest of your line.

Would certainly be interested in that patch.

Last edited:
Lovely [bari-]tone and cool licks, though I'd dump the tapping and sweeping. Plain, and just don't fit the rest of your line.

Would certainly be interested in that patch.

Baritone? I'm in E standard haha.

To each his own, it was put in very consciously for the way I wanted the solo to flow, but hey that's just me.

You already have the patch, factory preset 23 i believe? The friedman HBE. I just changed the gain and bass knob im pretty sure.

Baritone? I'm in E standard haha.

To each his own, it was put in very consciously for the way I wanted the solo to flow, but hey that's just me.

You already have the patch, factory preset 23 i believe? The friedman HBE. I just changed the gain and bass knob im pretty sure.

Baritone overlaps tenor and bass - of which the bottom octave of the guitar covers down to E. (A good baritone will go down to at least A).

I know everything you do is intentional. Not all intentions equal out.

That's basically a preset? I don't have none of those. I may try it out, but I tried EdtoShred's killer lead tone last night, and it didn't sound nuttin like his.

Baritone overlaps tenor and bass - of which the bottom octave of the guitar covers down to E. (A good baritone will go down to at least A).

I know everything you do is intentional. Not all intentions equal out.

That's basically a preset? I don't have none of those. I may try it out, but I tried EdtoShred's killer lead tone last night, and it didn't sound nuttin like his.

Well, my intention did equal out as this is 100% what I wanted the solo to sound like. The tapping (there was no sweeping btw) added an intensity to the solo that i wanted to create. But thanks for checking it out.

It is a factory preset, from the factory banks called Friedman HBE.

Back
Top Bottom