Video : Don't Stop Believin' (Solo Cover) - Journey - Sean Ashe

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey guys, I'm SUPER excited to announce that I got my Axe FX II today and I am BLOWN away. I went from a Mesa Mark V to this and honestly it FEELS the same (to me ) I'm still learning how to make patches, and I was fooling around with a rectifier patch and I thought to myself "hmmm this sounds like journey" so I got out my camera real quick and did a take of Don't Stop Believin' Solo, a fun song I used to play with my old band!

Check it out I hope you enjoy! If for some reason anyone wants the patch, let me know! I'm a Fractal n00b so theres probably TONS of room for improvement tone wise. Also sorry about the bends at the end being a LITTLE out of tune, they're a pain haha.

Enjoy :D

Feel free to subscribe and add me as a friend on facebook too (link on my channel)!

Well done!

Maybe could be a little wetter (just a tad bit more verb & delay) also scoop-out a little low-mid and brighten-up the top a bit (sort of the stuff that a mastering-engineer would typically do - LOL!) and it would be awesome!

BTW, I thought you played it very well, and you're being a bit tough on yourself regarding those bends! You were right there (or damn close!)

Again, excellent job!

Bill

D@mn kids!!! Is right! They get guitar instructional videos, recording/mixing videos. This takes all the pain, that I suffered through for YEARS, away from these poor kids.

Cliff could put an "born on date" input field on the AXE, if you were born after a certain date the AXE becomes MUCH harder to program. Should we poll this? The children need to suffer!

Dude...............................................................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! And I'm 18 and a half years old, I look super young though! It took me forever to get the money for this, I guess the 4 month wait was actually a good thing haha! But seriously thank you guys, I am just ecstatic about this unit. I've never felt so free to play and create. But now my task is matching the sound of my Boogie Mark V, shouldn't be too bad though, this is a fractal after all :D

He bought it himself - that's what a man does, not a kid. Respect!

Thumbs WAY up Sean. Killer take on it!!

Ditto! Lot's of respect for setting a goal and saving up until you achieve it. Rare these days. Great playing!

With that said, a little humor/advice... After 18... you don't count half years anymore! :)

Last edited:
Ditto! Lot's of respect for setting a goal and saving up until you achieve it. Rare these days. Great playing!

With that said, a little humor/advice... After 18... you don't count half years anymore! :)

+1 respect.

And after 25 you round the age down, never up!

Wow thank you so much everyone for the kind comments! Don't Stop is always a fun solo to play even though it's definitely not the most challenging! It just fits the song so well! I'm going to try and get vids up every week now (because of how EASY it is to get good tones out of the Axe FX) so if you have a youtube subscribe :D

Oh also I know it's probably the wrong thread to mention it, but I just upgraded to firmware version 5. WOW! haha

Back
Top Bottom