AFIII Video: BOSS SD-1 vs Axe-FX III Super OD (SD-1)

Very close. Note that potentiometer tolerances can be as much as +/-20%. That means the real pedal on 5 could be equivalent to the model anywhere between 4 and 6. The same applies to the Tone and Level controls. The roll off the volume test is a good way to match the gain. Roll off the volume and if the model has less gain increase the gain control and vice-versa.

Great video awesome comparison Thanks for all the great videos you do. Your videos are so informative and great a real learning tool. 😀
No problems, Fred. The Axe-FX III is a constant source of inspiration and discovery for me. I'm happy to be able to share some of those experiences. Cheers.
Always great showcase videos @Burgs
Thanks!
Very close. Note that potentiometer tolerances can be as much as +/-20%. That means the real pedal on 5 could be equivalent to the model anywhere between 4 and 6. The same applies to the Tone and Level controls. The roll off the volume test is a good way to match the gain. Roll off the volume and if the model has less gain increase the gain control and vice-versa.
Thanks for having a look, Cliff. I'll remember (and make clear) your tolerances point when I have another go, probably with the MT-2. The MT-2 might be a challenging one to convey as the Axe-Edit controls slightly differ, visually at least, from the pedal's. Would I be right in guessing that the 600Hz default centre mid frequency on the model is the same as 12:00 o'clock on the pedal?

Back
Top Bottom