VIDEO: Axe-Fx III, FC-6 and EV-2 Controlling 7 Different Pedal Functions!

rnjscooter

Experienced
I had some comments from my my FC-6 videos that inspired to make this quick video of how I get so much out of just one expression pedal. This video shows how I'm able to get 2 wah's, 2 volumes, whammy and formant, all with one EV-2 expression pedal. Hope this helps those of you that are looking to pair down your pedalboards for fly dates.:cool: Enjoy!

Ps. Sorry for the socks, my wife is asian.:rolleyes:

PS. 2 It may only be 6 functions over 7 scenes lol.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 15
Keep these coming! Great playing btw.

Thanks Leon, I don't know how you do it and still have a life, haha. Your videos are insane! Thanks for the compliment, my playing used to be on par with you, but it's been a long time since I was your age.:( Old and slow is becoming my mantra unfortunately!

Very helpful video. Answered a lot of my questions regarding attempting to use 1 pedal for multiple functions.

Love videos like this!

P.S. Don't discount your playing.... many levels of awesome right there!

P.S.2.... Don't Google "Asians and Socks" or "Asians and Bare Feet"... trust me!

So please explain what the socks thing is about or I won't be able to sleep tonight! LOL

Very helpful video. Answered a lot of my questions regarding attempting to use 1 pedal for multiple functions.

Love videos like this!

P.S. Don't discount your playing.... many levels of awesome right there!

P.S.2.... Don't Google "Asians and Socks" or "Asians and Bare Feet"... trust me!

So please explain what the socks thing is about or I won't be able to sleep tonight! LOL

Wow, ok, I will NOT google that! In our house the shoes come off once you enter, thus the socks. It's an asian thing haha:oops:

An alternative way to change pedal functions, is using the MUX.

I should have said both in the video AND my original post that this is an example how to do it withOUT the use of a multiplex block. I originally did things with the multiplexer but my scenes were just looking too messy:confused:

But yes, @yek is exactly right!

Last edited:
I had some comments from my my FC-6 videos that inspired to make this quick video of how I get so much out of just one expression pedal. This video shows how I'm able to get 2 wah's, 2 volumes, whammy and formant, all with one EV-2 expression pedal. Hope this helps those of you that are looking to pair down your pedalboards for fly dates.:cool: Enjoy!

Ahhhhhhh .... THAT'S IT!!!!

This is what I love to see. A performing musician taking advantage of the great features that Fractal has to offer! All those global blocks make me smile. This video should be added to the wiki of how do you do that.
Awe, thx. That video was done in January and I am surprised that this thread has been resurrected lo. But ya, Global blocks are the only way to fly! I am planning a new video with some of the changes I've made to my scenes and the the FC layouts. Glad you liked it:)

Hey rnjscooter I just came across this video great job thanks for posting it.
Man that is the bomb and awesome guitar skills. Really glad I found this I’m still learning thanks for sharing :)

An alternative way to change pedal functions, is using the MUX.

How would you do that Yek
Just for clarification would you feed
The Wah Vol Whammy all into a MUX block
Then select through scene say
Scene 1 clean volume Mux ch1
Scene 2 higain whammy Mux ch2
Scene 3 lead wah Mux ch:

Set wah as only one to instant engage
Is the above correct ??

How would you do that Yek
Just for clarification would you feed
The Wah Vol Whammy all into a MUX block
Then select through scene say
Scene 1 clean volume Mux ch1
Scene 2 higain whammy Mux ch2
Scene 3 lead wah Mux ch:

Set wah as only one to instant engage
Is the above correct ??
The is one way. The other is to assign a button to scroll thru the channels of the Mux.

On my current presets, I have a my "normal" Wah on row 3 (auto engaged, controlled by pedal), envelope controlled Wah on row 2 and an envelope controlled Filter on row 1.

Channel A selects row 3, Channel B selects row 2, Channel C selects row 1.

I have 1 switch set to Channel Increment, with Lower Limit of A, Upper Limit of C, Wrap set to On.

I can quickly hop thru the channels.

Hey rnjscooter I just came across this video great job thanks for posting it.
Man that is the bomb and awesome guitar skills. Really glad I found this I’m still learning thanks for sharing :)

Thanks Fred. Appreciate it. Wow, I am cracking up that this post from 5 months ago is finally getting looked at, but thanks so much!

Thanks Fred. Appreciate it. Wow, I am cracking up that this post from 5 months ago is finally getting looked at, but thanks so much!
Greetings rnjscooter
I know when I looked at your post I thought well I haven’t had my Fc12 very long and your video is going to be so helpful to me.
I’ve always used Boss pedals and amps so all this electronic stuff is definitely different for me.
So you doing the video that you have so graciously done helps me to start understanding how all this crazy stuff works.
I’ve got to say it’s all pretty cool and I love the sounds.
Anyway thanks glad I made someone smile today :)

Forgive me for resurrecting this one more time, it’s my first day with an expression pedal after 6+ years of owning Fractal stuff.
I have one scene with a Pitch block using a dual chromatic harmonizer (Channel A), and on the next scene I want to change it to a Wah with my expression pedal set to auto-engage (Channel B). I didn’t think this would effect Channel A but now it’s bypassed. I’m probably doing something wrong - but is there a way to bypass the expression pedal in one scene, or perhaps a way to correct this with a per scene controller?

Back
Top Bottom