[Video] Axe-Fx III Basic Navigation

Very informative video! The front panel looks almost as easy to use as axe edit. Looking forward to Future tutorials.

This doesn't sound right to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the manual my understanding of a channel is that you can have four different configurations for a given block within the preset. For the amp block, Channel A could be set to a Clean Fender, Channel 2 Plexi, Channel 3 Recto, Channel 4 something else.

Then when changing scenes, you could set it up so that Scene 1 recalls Amp Channel A, Scene 2 is Amp Channel B, etc... The manual also says the FC will offer a range of channel select options.

At least that is my understanding, and how I was hoping it would work, and what I think @Randalljax was asking.

I don't think my analogy was incorrect, but it was incomplete . :)

Excellent presentation.

Quick question...

On the input blocks, are you able to set different noise gates for each channel within the block?

I don’t know how many times I have been reading the III manual and stopped to think to myself “that is just mind blowing.” The possibilities are astounding.

I don’t know how many times I have been reading the III manual and stopped to think to myself “that is just mind blowing.” The possibilities are astounding.
Yes, Ive had mine less than 48 hours, and in fine Fractal tradition, this is a unit that guarantees to reveal its secrets gradually and on a more or less infinite continuum with fresh revelations around each corner..........

Are there any plans to do anything with the home page other than an almost black screen with just text on it? I get what it's for, but maybe pick a default home screen say an amp model so you can use the knobs quickly? seems like a giant waste of space. IMHO

I probably get mine this week, maybe my thoughts will change after using it. I dunno.

Can someone help me i connect my wireless to input 1 and i connected my monitors cable in the back to out 1 and didn't get sound then i connect a guitar cable to the front input and got sound but it weak .What i'm doing wrong?
Use any of the new Meters views to see what’s happening.

Did you add an Input block? Did you set the Input Level in Setup?

What kind of camera were you using here, Chris?
Sony A6500. 50mm 1.8 lens for the videos so far. you can get similar image quality with something cheaper like the Panasonic G7 cameras - around $400 used, with lenses around $100.

main reason i use the Sony is the AutoFocus in video mode. for something like this video, it's locked down in manual anyway, so that doesn't matter. but i film other stuff for my small business and it's essential in modern-day, self-shot video workflow.

there's really so much good camera stuff these days that's affordable. man... that new sony a7 iii... can someone get me one? thanks :D

Sony A6500. 50mm 1.8 lens for the videos so far. you can get similar image quality with something cheaper like the Panasonic G7 cameras - around $400 used, with lenses around $100.

main reason i use the Sony is the AutoFocus in video mode. for something like this video, it's locked down in manual anyway, so that doesn't matter. but i film other stuff for my small business and it's essential in modern-day, self-shot video workflow.

there's really so much good camera stuff these days that's affordable. man... that new sony a7 iii... can someone get me one? thanks :D

Thanks for all the details, Chris. I love your videos and I would kill a man to be able to enunciate like you do.

Thanks for all the details, Chris. I love your videos and I would kill a man to be able to enunciate like you do.
haha thanks. i'm always questioning if i say too much, and i know i tend to repeat things, but people always tell me the appreciate that. so it makes my videos a bit longer than maybe the need to be. but if you skip around, perhaps the repetition helps you catch things each time, or if you're only seeing one section.

in future videos about specific topics, i'm going to try to remember to show a quick version - just how to do the thing, buttons to press etc. that usually takes seconds. then after that, explain it like i typically do, which takes much longer. IF i remember haha.

critiques/impressions of my first videos were things like "wow the axe is so complex, it took 1 hour to explain scenes." well it actually just takes 5 seconds and one sentence - Scenes turn blocks on/off or change XY/Channels. but when given JUST that explanation, majority of people don't truly understand the weight of those words and all the possibilities.

so the extra explanation takes time, but majority of people understand it better. but i think the "quick version" at the beginning of videos will help serve as a reminder, or help people who do understand things better than most, but need the quick process only.

oh, and i also probably won't ever do an intro. that just takes too long when watching videos. just get to it already!!! ;)

... i think the "quick version" at the beginning of videos will help serve as a reminder, or help people who do understand things better than most, but need the quick process only.
I think you're on the right track with this. In fact, if you're going to put together a long version, I think it's worthwhile to publish a short version first. You'll get more hits and help more people. I can watch a handful of five-minute videos, but I just don't have enough time for hour-long videos.

It's the old "teacher's trap." You think, "Hey, I can give this piece of information, too. And refine their understanding with this other information. And..." Pretty soon, you've dropped a whole book in their laps, when most of them weren't ready for a full course. Sometimes the student isn't ready for an answer until after he's asked the question.

And sometimes the long course is just the ticket. You excel at that.

Having said that, he could setup say 4 different cabs then use the level parameter in the cab block to silence the ones he doesn't want to hear in each scene yes?
Thanks
Pauly

Your understanding is correct. What @Randalljax was asking (or at least what the words he typed were asking) was whether individual channels could be turned on or off independently, which they can’t.

Take as much time as you need mate - it's all good stuff
Thanks
Pauly

haha thanks. i'm always questioning if i say too much, and i know i tend to repeat things, but people always tell me the appreciate that. so it makes my videos a bit longer than maybe the need to be. but if you skip around, perhaps the repetition helps you catch things each time, or if you're only seeing one section.

in future videos about specific topics, i'm going to try to remember to show a quick version - just how to do the thing, buttons to press etc. that usually takes seconds. then after that, explain it like i typically do, which takes much longer. IF i remember haha.

critiques/impressions of my first videos were things like "wow the axe is so complex, it took 1 hour to explain scenes." well it actually just takes 5 seconds and one sentence - Scenes turn blocks on/off or change XY/Channels. but when given JUST that explanation, majority of people don't truly understand the weight of those words and all the possibilities.

so the extra explanation takes time, but majority of people understand it better. but i think the "quick version" at the beginning of videos will help serve as a reminder, or help people who do understand things better than most, but need the quick process only.

oh, and i also probably won't ever do an intro. that just takes too long when watching videos. just get to it already!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom