[VIDEO] AX8 Buzzing Sound Across All Presets (not fixed with gate)

ABRfan1998

Not sure if this is an issue due to me not knowing how to gate properly or what. I've tried different guitars, different cables, and different speakers. In the video I'm only using an input gate but even when I put a gate block in I can't get rid of the buzzing without trashing the tone. I just bought this unit yesterday. Let me know if I should make a claim with fractal or if there is something I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Have you tried a different power outlet? Is there a computer screen nearby staring directly at the guitar pickups?

Tried a different power outlet and moved my guitar away from all screens and still the same sound. From the video, does that sound like a normal problem just with poorly dialed in tone or is it something more serious?

The sound I believe you're concerned with isn't caused by the AX8 so no need to open a support ticket. It sounds like multiple sources of electrical noise: the guitar picking up LED or fluorescent lighting, computer monitor (as Chris mentioned), USB signal noise and/or poorly constructed cable(s). The only way to reduce it without addressing it is to adjust the gate to a more aggressive setting. It sounds like it's working as it should in your clip, just staying open a bit too long

When I first started using my FX8, (I know this is the AX8 forum but it is relevant) I was using it at home and there was some noise I could not track down. Unplugged the USB cable and the noise vanished.

I troubleshooted for possible lighting interference by turning off lights and holding guitar at different angles, used different cables, plugged the unit into different outlets, and unplugged the USB cable. Still the same issue. I'm going to open a ticket and if it's still not resolved I'll have to return the unit.

BTW I used a Kemper through the same interface, PC, and with same guitars less than 1 week ago and there was no such problem. The only thing that changed was that I started using the AX8.

Does this occur on only this preset? if so , it may be corrupt. If it occurs on every preset, contacting FAS support may be warranted.

BTW I used a Kemper through the same interface, PC, and with same guitars less than 1 week ago and there was no such problem. The only thing that changed was that I started using the AX8.
That's interesting that with the Kemper it didn't do the same, in my case I get a similar noise but it's a directional EMI that I get in my house... I wish I could solve it tho.

It is not the gain noise you are talking about but the almost crunchy noise after the note correct? Yes I have experienced this too on some presets but not on all so not sure how to fix it myself. Just haven't gotten around to post audio for my problem.

Back
Top Bottom