VidarAus Triaxis Big Rig

VidarAus

Experienced
Hey gang,

In the same vein as my JP2C Rig (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/jp2c-rig.154198/) I have built a Bigger Rig around the Triaxis LD2 Yellow. I keep coming back to the Triaxis iic+ model as it just sounds killer and with Firmware 10 it is the best yet.

The preset includes 6 scenes: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Lead Drive, Swell and Swell Plex. There are plenty of effects dialed in for turning on/off as you please within scenes.

I used this preset to play around with building out bigger rigs with more routing, effects and inputs. This sort of patch could be created more simply, but as we have the power in the III I thought why not.

I used a JP BFR 6 String to dial it in, and as this guitar also has piezo pickups there is a split piezo routing available in the patch for those that can take advantage of it. Simply plug your magnetic pickups into either of the Axe III instrument inputs and plug your piezo into Input 2 (I used left but probably works with either Left or Right). It is really cool to be able to swap to an acoustic sound in an instant with the flick of the pickup selector on the guitar no matter which scene you are currently on. The clean channel was dialed in with the pickup selector in the middle position, which splits the humbuckers in series.

The Cabinet I used is the ML 4x12 USA TRAD by @ML SOUND LAB which is available in Mikko's Greatest Hits cab pack. I keep coming back to this cab and it is now my go to and favorite for any of the Mesa Mark series amps. There is some magic going on with this cabinet. I use it standalone without mixing in anything else. If you don't have this cab, switch to Channel B of the Cab Block for all scenes where I have my next favorite stock cabinet combination. You can also try adding the JP2C cabinet from @2112 into the mix as a fourth cabinet in Channel B for a bit more girth, or try it on its own as it sounds great to my ears as well (Leon's cabinet is here: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=625).

The Preamp Presence control is super powerful in drastically shaping the tone. I usually set it between about -7.6 and -4 depending on my mood.

The patch was dialed in using a pair of Presonus ERIS 8 studio monitors. I had these things turned up pretty loud to test this patch, and it seems the louder I turn it up the better it sounds so take from that what you will as far as being applicable for live use.

Hope someone finds it useful as is or can take some of the blocks or routing from it for their own use. What do you think @Burgs ? ;)

Patch is attached.

Attachments

• VidarAus Triaxis Big Rig.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Glad you guys enjoyed it. Would love to hear some clips with other people's gear/playing - trying to learn more about how these translate to other situations. This is rich I know, considering I didn't provide any example clips myself.

@Rich5150 - I just saw you posted a picture of your sweet looking live rig in another thread ;)

Last edited:
Glad you guys enjoyed it. Would love to hear some clips with other people's gear/playing - trying to learn more about how these translate to other situations. This is rich I know, considering I didn't provide any example clips myself.

@Rich5150 - I just saw you posted a picture of your sweet looking live rig in another thread ;)

Thanks
Rig yes, Live unfortunately I just don't have the time for that right now, but its a hell of a bedroom rig LOL

Back
Top Bottom