(VID) Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Solo Cover)

Sounds great man - possibly have a patch to share?

what amp are you using?

Thank you very much! It is funny enough, that I am using a factory preset straight from the Axe :) Name of the preset is "Deluxe Tape", the amp is "086 - Deluxe Verb Vib" matched by the cab "014 - 1x12 Tweed Deluxe (RW)".

My only modification was a bit of Low/High Cut tweak in the Cab block.

In the first section of the solo (0:13-1:05), I used my neck pickup with Multi Delay and Reverb effects on. The second section (1:06-1:28) was played on the bridge pickup, this time with the Drive block in action. All the settings were at default values (except for the Cab block as I mentioned).

Here is the exact preset that I used in the video. Hope I will be doing more covers soon with this mighty black box.

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• Deluxe Tape.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Thank you very much! Your words are really flattering and motivating! I take you guys' comments very serious, since most of the forum members are in music business as professionals. So thanks again...

Great feeling and sound !
BRAVO
Music for my ears :D
Tell us more about your guitar, thanks ;)

The guitar I am holding is a Fender American Vintage '57 Reissue Stratocaster, belonging to the production year of 2006. As far as I know, she has a 2-piece alder body with a 1-piece "V shaped" maple neck. The pickups are "American Vintage Strat" single coils. She originally had a 3-way switch but I replaced it with a 5-way pickup selector for the sake of tone diversity.

I bought the guitar used last year and had her refretted with stainless steel jumbo frets. The neck and the fretboard had a shiny finish on it, so I had it removed as well. In my opinion, the whole process allowed me to do the bending more easily and made the guitar more "playable" :)

Although I am more familiar with modern guitars (I have an ESP Horizon FRII and an Ibanez Prestige RG3770FZ), after spending some time with her I realized that she deserves to give it a shot :)

If you do have more questions in your mind, I'd be glad to answer them!

I bought the guitar used last year and had her refretted with stainless steel jumbo frets. The neck and the fretboard had a shiny finish on it, so I had it removed as well. In my opinion, the whole process allowed me to do the bending more easily and made the guitar more "playable" :)
I did the same on my strat, it indeeds make the bends much easier

Now, speak about that Prestige :)

The guitar I am holding is a Fender American Vintage '57 Reissue Stratocaster, belonging to the production year of 2006. As far as I know, she has a 2-piece alder body with a 1-piece "V shaped" maple neck. The pickups are "American Vintage Strat" single coils. She originally had a 3-way switch but I replaced it with a 5-way pickup selector for the sake of tone diversity.

Although I am more familiar with modern guitars (I have an ESP Horizon FRII and an Ibanez Prestige RG3770FZ), after spending some time with her I realized that she deserves to give it a shot :)

If you do have more questions in your mind, I'd be glad to answer them!
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences :D:D:D ;)

Back
Top Bottom