Victory The Kraken Gain I vs Slo100 Lead - Rock sample comparison

To be rigorously honest, the Kraken Gain I (real tube head) sounded better to me, as played through the Torpedo. The tube coloration from the Victory warmed up the tone and the results were impressive on your video. The SLO 100 Lead preset on the Axe Fx sounded good...damn good...but not as good as that tube head. I hope to soon have a Fryette LX-II tube here within a month and it will be interesting to hear if the tubes bring these presets a little closer to the real thing.

The Kraken is a more tight 5150 sound IMO - Gain II for sure, here compared Gain I so next time need to compare Gain II and maybe 5150 with boost from Axe. Anyway here my another comparison :D

Stay Metal!

You were right, this second video with the 5150 and Peavey were much more closely matched to the Kraken. I'm still partial to that real tube head, but this time, the Axe-Fx amazed me at how close it got in tonal character to the real thing. I'm sure that if the Axe-Fx were sent to a pushed tube amp, then the Axe models and the Kraken would become barely indistinguishable As it was in your video, I was listening hard to notice the difference in tone, and mixing in the other instruments eliminated much of the difference also. Great demonstration video, SinMix! It was inspiring!

Back
Top Bottom