• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Victory Amps!

Rich Wood

Hi guys,

Last night at a recording session I was lucky enough to try out the V100 The Duke by Victory amps.
I really was blown away by the tones of this amp and how versatile it is. I had heard recordings of the amp before but playing through it live.. you really hear the character and feel of the amp.

Check them out if you haven't already.

Victory Amplifiers - Home

Im sure a lot of you already have.

It would be great to see the V100 and some of the other Victory models in the Axe FX.
Martin Kidd, the amp designer also made Cornford Amps and we do have the Corncob M50 based on the Mk50 II but I think the Victory amps are better.

Anyway, check them out if you haven't already.

chucma

Power User
That's a really nice sounding amp! And I like the look of it too!

What style of music did you record it with?

MikeAllenPugh

Inspired
Spent some time with Martin Kidd ( the Victory designer, and the designer of the Cornford MK50) down at the Cornford HQ. Spotted a design flaw in the FX loop and he fixed it and had my MK50 Mkii back in a matter of days. Fabulous guy. And I'm also lucky to have Guthrie 10 miles down the road to go and see. Catches my train often.

Rich Wood

That's a really nice sounding amp! And I like the look of it too!

What style of music did you record it with?
I was recording guitar parts for adverts for a producer, they were in different styles such as classical rock, modern jazz and funk. We got some really great tones out of it, I would love to own one and it would be amazing if they ended up in the axe fx!

Rich Wood

Spent some time with Martin Kidd ( the Victory designer, and the designer of the Cornford MK50) down at the Cornford HQ. Spotted a design flaw in the FX loop and he fixed it and had my MK50 Mkii back in a matter of days. Fabulous guy. And I'm also lucky to have Guthrie 10 miles down the road to go and see. Catches my train often.
Yeah Martin is a great guy and builds some amazing amps! Do you still have your MK50 MkII ?
That's great you live so close to Guthrie, I was lucky enough to get taught by him at ACM when it first opened many years ago, best teacher I've ever had.

chucma

Power User
I was recording guitar parts for adverts for a producer, they were in different styles such as classical rock, modern jazz and funk. We got some really great tones out of it, I would love to own one and it would be amazing if they ended up in the axe fx!
Wow that's cool! Sounds like a very versatile amp! :)

Rich Wood

+1, also Guthrie Govan used it in latest Steven Wilson solo album... Hand.Cannot. Erase, I loved that tone
Yeah Guthrie has got some great tones on that album, I've been listening to it for the past few days and its really grown on me, there are some great musicians playing on it.

bradlake

Axe-Master
One of the (few) reasons I retain my Kemper is the stellar collection of Victory profiles (all of the amps currently available are there) done by The Amp Factory

Vaiai

I have a V30 and use it with the FX8 now too - love it - such a great versatile, dynamic amp. Tiny too - and REALLY loud - most gigs I have gain on 12 o'clock and vol is about 2 or 3 (when mic'ed).

Top Bottom