Vicarious GAS

Real amps are useless to me. When I come across an effects pedal I like the sound of, 99% of the time the Axe can replicate it too.

I have a Revv Generator 120 MK2 that I run into a Torpedo Studio and I absolutely love it. I can't every imagine getting rid of it, regardless of a model being developed for it. That being said, I'm looking forward to trying some tone matching with it when my AF3 comes, and I'm also excited to run it through the AF3 for the effects.

They’re definitely absolutely wonderful amps, played them all in person besides the absolute newest models (D20 and 100P). I just don’t have any desire to go back to dealing with tube amps in general, and I can’t really afford or justify having a tube rig around just for one sound I really want (the purple channel). Might pick up the G3 pedal eventually if I get some extra cash to do so, though.

I'd put a $1 on saying it hasn't cured your GAS entirely. Sure, its destroyed my interest in amps, cabs, and pedals, but no Axe device or genius emulation can replace the needful lust for a new guitar that catches your eye. Those roasted maple necks on the current Ernie Balls have me dangerously infatuated.
+1, my GAS has shifted to this:

Attachments

• In Case Front.png
    In Case Front.png
    523.7 KB · Views: 14
GAS is mostly guitars these days, but I still love playing through a good amp and have bought a few since I began gigging with the Ultra in 2011, to the III now. I’ve never really viewed the Axe Fx as a replacement for amps, but as a great option to have. It’s normally my first option, it's that good! But I still take much pleasure from playing my “real” versions.

To the original post, yes, I have recently purchased a Tucana 3 which I had not even heard of prior to playing it in the Axe Fx. A really well made amp, the first KT88 based amp I’ve ever owned. Enjoying that one too.

Options are good. I’m thankful it’s not a “pick only one” proposition for me.

One thing I'm still gassing for is a good looper, but it seems like the features I want are not available on any one looper. Boomerang is probably the closest...

Back
Top Bottom