Vibrolux G3 with the new IR is just....RIDICULOUS!!!

Sorry it's #5 1x12 Brown M160 (UR)...it's a new factory stock cab included in the latest firmware.

It's the best IR I have used for that brown-era fender sound.

Update: the Wiki says "Vibroverb" but I can tell you it sounds great with the Vibrolux!

Sorry for the confusion! My bad!

Okay, wow. I don't spend too much time in Fender territory, but that cab sounds killer with virtually any of the Fender amps. I like the Twin cab for the Twin amp, but...thanks for pointing out this combination. Making me revisit some of my preferences!

Still have to trim the low end off a lot on some, but...what a nice ride!

Good! :) Used it live this weekend and it is by far my new favorite fender in the box! Hit it with a BB Pre and sounds just KILLER!

Seriously, and I just love the fender brown amps! :) Can we have more? Please? :)

THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for the tip. I just spent an hour dialing in a Vibrolux preset for my strat with this 1x12 Brown cabinet and you are right, it is really something special. It's not really a tone I've tended to use before, but I think I'll try to get it going on my gigs this week and see how it can work for me. I've got one tone with cleanish breakup and another with a lot more breakup. Both are great and have a lot of character and grit. Very nice find there!

It's been my 'go to' amp in the Axe for some time and it's even better now. The Vibrolux is just plain awesome. I like it with the input trim cranked! Gotta try some of those new IRs...

I must be a Neanderthal. I just audition IRs to find one that sounds good. If it sounds good, it sounds good. I don't know or even care whether it's ultra-res, normal-res, hi-res or captured on the southern slopes on a French resort by a buxom blonde.

I must be a Neanderthal. I just audition IRs to find one that sounds good. If it sounds good, it sounds good. I don't know or even care whether it's ultra-res, normal-res, hi-res or captured on the southern slopes on a French resort by a buxom blonde.

I care about the French blonde :)

I have found I can like a lot of IR's if I approach them like my real cabs and just get my ear / brain accustomed to the sound.

Switching between hundreds of cabs would never be reality for my real amps, so for me, it confuses my brain to audition too many in one session.

That being said the new Mic+DI IR's sound good and really cut a mix well too without too much mid boost (can't do no mid boost... I am a guitar player :))

I use the TV Mix for everything, clean, dirt, and gain. I don't know why, my ears suck. But I like it, I just do. Hope it gets the Mic+DI treatment, but also that I'll still like it after that! -Craig

We are going back to the studio to redo our 4x12s using Mic+DI in a month or two. Many of the stock IRs, however, were not created by us and we have no control over those. I've been encouraging the 3rd-party IR companies to adopt Mic+DI but as of yet no one seems to be interested.

If you wanted to scrap many of those stock IRs for new ones from Fractal with this new technique that'd be fine with me.

Where can I buy said blonde's cab pack?

Rackable as well, I believe :lol

I should have added probably that I have no doubt the new techniques are producing more accurate results, which is important for some.

The funny thing is that I doubt speaker manufacturers ever set out to design guitar speakers with so many different characteristic responses (due also to the cabs they're in, absence of cab padding/stuffing the way they're mic'd, etc). Certainly, early speakers were designed for a "good and hopefully somewhat flat response over mid-range frequencies required for guitar". Later speaker options have probably been tailored somewhat for different genres.

Hmmm... I think this thread is derailed.

Ditto. So annoying to have a broken arm that some dipwad caused by pulling out in front of us. I'm with you.

Made worse by a NGD last week for a custom build ordered a year and 1/2 ago. Just brutal.

Ho! I feel you. I'm 18 months out from a complete replacement of my left elbow due to an accident. Thought I'd never play again. 3 months of hard work in rehab though and I am actually a better player than ever!

You'll come out of it stronger I'm sure.

We are going back to the studio to redo our 4x12s using Mic+DI in a month or two. Many of the stock IRs, however, were not created by us and we have no control over those. I've been encouraging the 3rd-party IR companies to adopt Mic+DI but as of yet no one seems to be interested.

It would be awesome if you guys could do and Ubercab and Bogner 412 like this , another cab that would be intresting have you seen the 3rd Power cabs 3 speaker triangular designs what are your thoughts on those ???

Last edited:
It would be awesome if you guys could do and Ubercab and Bogner 412 like this , another cab that would be intresting have you scene the 3rd Power cabs left , with the open back 3 speaker triangular designs what are your thoughts on those ???

:?

These are updated but can't confirm they are Mic+DI technique:

003 1x10 Prince Tone At4047 UR
004 1x10 Prince Tone M160 UR
005 1x12 Brown M160 UR
006 1x12 Black Sm57 UR
007 1x12 G12T R121 UR
011 1x12 Bludo Mix UR
019 2x12 TX Star M160 UR
027 2x12 Fuzzbomb M160 UR
030 2x12 Boutique R121 UR
032 4x10 Bassguy M160 UR
060 4x12 Fractal Gb M160 UR
061 4x12 Fractal V30 At4047 UR
079 1x12 Junior Blues M160 UR

060 4x12 Fractal Gb M160 UR has turned into one of my favorites - it sounds good with any amp and any preset I've tried it with. Really like this one!

Back
Top Bottom