Vibrolux G3 with the new IR is just....RIDICULOUS!!!

Just wondering are all stock IRs going to get the DI+Mic treatment?

We are going back to the studio to redo our 4x12s using Mic+DI in a month or two. Many of the stock IRs, however, were not created by us and we have no control over those. I've been encouraging the 3rd-party IR companies to adopt Mic+DI but as of yet no one seems to be interested.

2x12 Tom's Mix is a Vox cabinet IIRC.

For me it's like the TV cab IR. It brings something to the party that I really dig. Just kills live for me.

Edit: I meant my goto for Fender amp models in the Fractal... not that the 2x12 Tom's Mix was an actual Fender cab :)

Last edited:
We are going back to the studio to redo our 4x12s using Mic+DI in a month or two. Many of the stock IRs, however, were not created by us and we have no control over those. I've been encouraging the 3rd-party IR companies to adopt Mic+DI but as of yet no one seems to be interested.

Thanks, good to know... I just landed the OH Cab Pack 3 a couple of weeks ago, was considering others, I need to slow down!

It's a Vibrolux. That IR is from my personal 1962 Vibrolux. This is the amp used on Dire Straits eponymous album. I'll say it again: the Mic+DI technique yields IRs that are vastly superior to other techniques. I use nothing but the new IRs now. Even the venerable TV Mix has been replaced.

Thanks for clarifying! It's an amazing amp! I named my preset "'62 Vibrator" by the way :)

Ditto. So annoying to have a broken arm that some dipwad caused by pulling out in front of us. I'm with you.

Made worse by a NGD last week for a custom build ordered a year and 1/2 ago. Just brutal.

I so want to be playing guitar right now.

So annoying that I need money.

If the improvement is that drastic, I truly cannot wait, and I know IRs to buy!

Another vote for some Vox cab options (blues, slivers, and mixes of the two).

Are Clark Kents Cab Packs Mic+Di as well?

Sorry it's #5 1x12 Brown M160 (UR)...it's a new factory stock cab included in the latest firmware.

I love that IR, it's one of four new factory IR's I'm using in my X/Y cab slots for Fender/vintage/mild gain amps exclusively.

It's a Vibrolux. That IR is from my personal 1962 Vibrolux. This is the amp used on Dire Straits eponymous album. I'll say it again: the Mic+DI technique yields IRs that are vastly superior to other techniques. I use nothing but the new IRs now. Even the venerable TV Mix has been replaced.

Yup, after a couple of hours playing with the new IR's shot with that technique I'm using them exclusively on all my presets as well. I re-amped some recording tracks with them yesterday and the tones are killer.

Are these factory cab IR's a mix or a single mic/position IR?

These are all Mic+DI.

Not that my ears are special or anything, but last night I was going through amps and cabs and I kept going back to 10 of those cabs. I didn't know they were shot using this new technique, they just sounded really good with a lot of different amps. Looking forward to more! Thanks Cliff and Fractal!

I have got to try the Tremolux with that IR! :excitement: Does the Tremolux have it's own preset? ( i'm not spotting it in the preset names...)

How about a TV mix cab with that new technique?

Just now been playing with the various Vibrato amps and the 1x12 Brown M160 UR. Amps 205-210 all sound excellent with this IR. All different, but all good. Adding the BB pre was a great call by the way. I think I just found my new favorite amp/cab combo for clean and crunchy Strat work.

Back
Top Bottom