vibe & rotary fast/slow settings?

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I have heard that many have just up a modifier on ia to give you a fast and slow speed on rotaries as well as vibes. Just wondering what two speeds people are setting on?

Yea it is a great sound. Vibe and rotary are two fx I have never missed with before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some research and 1.500 / 6.300 seem to be the correct rates for a Leslie 122.
Based on the Neo Mini Vent.

I like Vibe around 1.600.

Last edited:
I wonder how it is on a real leslie? Are these speeds adjustable or set to specific values?
I believe they are usually set. Usually they only have 3 settings: fast, slow, or brake (motors stopped). Some models only had 2 settings: fast and off. I believe these settings switched between two different AC motors to drive the horn and drum motors at set speeds. There was some adjustment by moving the drive belts to different size pulley notches, but these were more "preset" options. You couldn't adjust the speed with a knob or anything. The drum (bass and mids) takes longer to spin up and slow down compared to the rotor (treble) becuase of the physical size and weight differences, and that transisitional discrepancy is part of the cool sound of a leslie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom