FS Via Austin Guitar House/reverb, selling my Bludotone Ojai Overdrive Special (this is the unit modeled in the Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9).

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Just making you guys aware I'm selling my Bludotone Ojai 100W amp, after 12 years of bliss and happiness.

It's being sold through Austin Guitar House on Reverb and the link to the sale is below.

It comes the amp head, two different cabs, speaker cables, the Loopalator plus cables, channel and preamp boost foot-switch, and a gator rack mount - it's package deal. It's got some special sauce NOS parts in it the builder used, plus some vintage preamp tubes.

I love this amp for leads and cleans, and it is modeled in the Fractal Amp models.

Please don't make offers to me here. Just making ya'll aware in case anyone wants to on this amazing "1 of a kind" amp.

Here is the listing:

Bludotone Ojai.Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.57.34 PM.png

Here's a video demo of Ray playing the amp at the store:

Last edited:
Gorgeous amp. Went digging for clean sounds that would work a bit better for me than Fenders and Vox-ish things, and landed on the Bludojai Clean. Wow, that's a great clean channel! Decided to give the Bludojai Lead a shot in place of the HRM I've been using a lot lately, and found another great sound. Not sure what speakers are in your cab, but it sounds thick and juicy through an SRO or a bit crisper, janglier, and tighter, but still juicy and fairly thick through Weber Blue Pups....

Good luck with the sale. I don't have a place to put it, sadly....

Gorgeous amp. Went digging for clean sounds that would work a bit better for me than Fenders and Vox-ish things, and landed on the Bludojai Clean. Wow, that's a great clean channel! Decided to give the Bludojai Lead a shot in place of the HRM I've been using a lot lately, and found another great sound. Not sure what speakers are in your cab, but it sounds thick and juicy through an SRO or a bit crisper, janglier, and tighter, but still juicy and fairly thick through Weber Blue Pups....

Good luck with the sale. I don't have a place to put it, sadly....
Thanks Joe! The real amp Bludo Clean is the best clean I've ever heard. It's a monster of an amp, but I'm just not playing it. I used a WGS Warehouse AlNiCo (like an old EVL-SRO) in the 1X12, and the 2x12 oval back has the Robben Ford G12-65H type speakers. I did shoot both of these speaker cabs into Cab IRs some time ago, they are in the Buddy's Boutique Cab pack (along with Cliff's Dumble 4x12) on the Fractal Website.

Thanks Joe! The real amp Bludo Clean is the best clean I've ever heard. It's a monster of an amp, but I'm just not playing it. I used a WGS Warehouse AlNiCo (like an old EVL-SRO) in the 1X12, and the 2x12 oval back has the Robben Ford G12-65H type speakers. I did shoot both of these speaker cabs into Cab IRs some time ago, they are in the Buddy's Boutique Cab pack (along with Cliff's Dumble 4x12) on the Fractal Website.
Buddy, are you saying that those cabs aren't included in the Axe III factory cabs?

Buddy, are you saying that those cabs aren't included in the Axe III factory cabs?
Yes - A handful are in Factory Cabs, but those are just some single mic shots, not IR mixes. A little more than than 10% of the 2000+ Factory Cabs in the III etc. are pulled from single mic shots from my four Cab Packs.

I think I have this cab pack. I know I bought some sort of pack from the Fractal site when I first got the FX3 a couple years ago. I have sooooooo many IR packs. Right now, I am using the Ownhammer SRO Thiele one and really enjoy it. Good to know about the Warehouse one....

Thank for reminding me... I just spent about 45 minutes grooving with the Bludojai Clean model. Works very well for me with everything almost at default values.

Bumped MV up to 5 and Mid to about 7.

Pairs well with Drive blocks.

GLWTS

Thank for reminding me... I just spent about 45 minutes grooving with the Bludojai Clean model. Works very well for me with everything almost at default values.

Bumped MV up to 5 and Mid to about 7.

Pairs well with Drive blocks.

GLWTS
Brandon says the amp likes that master volume about 5:00. The LoopaLator can help keep the volume down so your ears don't bleed in real life.
The master volume actually has a brite cap on it, I remember Cliff remarking on that/was surprised. It really matters where you set it because of that brite cap across master volume working. I never tried the mids crank up because there is a mid switch on it (two actually).

I never got along well with various PRS guitars like I do with Gibson and Fenders, but man my two DGT PRS guitars really paired amazing with the Bludotone/really shone playing through it.

I just hope this amp goes to a nice happy home with someone who can appreciate it. But at least I have a reasonable model of it and the cabs in Axe-FX III for recording!

Back
Top Bottom