Closed VHT Pitbull Ultralead

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

Phenomenal amp, with tight, dry percussive tone. Doesn't really saturate like other high gain amps, and if it wasn't for that, would be the perfect plug and play amp as its tight enough to not need a boost up front. Love the clean channel as well. I'd say the Diezel Herbert is the only other high gain amp that has a clean channel on the same level. Chimey, bell-like, deep piano clean tones.

The number one amp I regret getting rid of.

Well the VHT/Fryette Deliverance 60 is the obvious one.
Thanks for this tip! I have been a on a Danzig kick lately and had completely disregarded this amp. Based on your post, I dialed it in pretty quickly this morning and it's a lot closer to the Danzig tone than anything else I had tried.

Late to the party here, but add another one to the list of people who would like to see this amp added. I've owned one for many years (Ultralead) and, while it's maybe not miles away from some amps we already have, it's really not quite the same, either. One of my all-time favorites and would love to see it added!

I think the main problem is finding a schematic. I've heard that fryette doesn't like sharing them to the point where it might be challenging to get even as an authorized repair tech.

Oh, I agree! Schematics are impossibly scarce and the actual amps are not too common, anymore, either. Mostly, I'm just hoping to add to the numbers for this specific wish. Maybe (just maybe), it might help convince Steve Fryette that letting Cliff have a schematic would be a good thing (we do already have the Deliverance 60), that is if there's even a possibility that he'd want to add the UL. I can always hope, right?

What I really like about the UL is that even though it has a ton of gain and can be so very brutal, it has some really great clean, crunch, and EOB tones, too. To me, it's always seemed that the UL was an evolution of a Hiwatt or Sound City (which started making sense when Fryette started making Sound City a few years ago). Boogie Marks are beasts, but still have some Fender DNA in them. With so many other amps, you can hear how they evolved from a Marshall (or a Vox). The UL isn't like that. It's one of the tightest amps I've ever played and just has an incredible punch, like a Hiwatt. And to top it off, it'll just rip your head off when you need that. I still remember the first time I heard one, just some random band in a random bar one night, but that sound haunted my dreams... I think that they're rare enough that not too many people are aware of them. I think it would be a great addition to the FAS stable because it really is different than almost everything else. I love Fractal for the great sound and the convenience and versatility, and I would love to have this color available, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom