• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

VH4 amps - Bright switch

year2525

Inspired
I was just informed and looked myself, there is no bright switch on ch 3 and 4 of the VH4. Channel 2 does but the models bright switch works fine on it.
Sry, didn't notice this was about the higher gain channels.
I could've pointed out that bright switches are only available for 1 and 2.
Sry for being useless! :p

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Does this solve Clarky's issue?
There is no "issue" to solve. If an amp doesn't have bright switch the operation of of the models' bright switch is undefined. I chose what I considered a reasonable value for the bright cap but if that doesn't satisfy the user then they are free to change it to a different value.

reclavea

Power User
There is no "issue" to solve. If an amp doesn't have bright switch the operation of of the models' bright switch is undefined. I chose what I considered a reasonable value for the bright cap but if that doesn't satisfy the user then they are free to change it to a different value.
Yes, and understood.... however, I should have addressed the question to Clarky....

He mentioned that it was working in previous fw.......and not in the new fw. So he may have been using channel 2 model (if that was mimicked). (i'm not too familiar with Diezel)

Otherwise if it is channel 3 or 4 .....? ;)

clarky

Axe-Master
to be honest, it's not really an issue...
when I was messing with the VH4ch3 in 10.06 I simply noticed that the bright switch wasn't doing anything
but I seem to recall it doing more in earlier fw versions
I just wasn't sure if it was a bug or intentional

seems it's intentional..

it's not a prob..
I can easily fire up the highs a little more with a higher presence setting and get them to punch through with eq and / or a brighter cab choice

Loquenau

Power User
I found the bright switch over-pushed the circuit in some high gain designs, possibly like this one where it didn't have one [for those channels]. I don't use it nor that sat switch in any situation. But I'm always trying to reduce sizzle and stuff....

Top Bottom