VH on the Acoustic side

At least they realized what was missing and sent Wolfgang to "Michael Anthony singing class"

Last edited:
Wow!

Just started doing this (orig vers) in one of my bands.

Love this tune...but seems like a forced attempt at going acoustic. Too close too the original.

I maybe would've kept the groove a bit and slowed it down a tad ...sexy it up somewhat.

Acoustics not dimensional ....

Did enjoy the video though!

Is this recent?

Not sure how resent this vid is... it doesn't have that many views so I would guess it is fairly new.

I would agree that the playing is kind of sloppy and David's vocals aren't 1980 any longer, considering how long they have abused them selves (not including Wolfe) I'd say they are doing as well as they can which isn't that bad. Thing is is you go back and listen to their live stuff even back in their hay day they weren't really all that tight of a group. It was more of a show then a tight studio sound.

I remember watching a resent interview that Dave did with the guys where he said that in the early days of playing back yard parties they were always criticized because they didn't sound like the song that they were covering.
Maybe this is the case now even with their own songs :lol. Not to many older rock groups left that can still play together let alone play the way they did when they had something to prove.

Personally I think VH is all business anymore, It seems there isn't really any chemistry between them just a payday which is fine I guess, I just miss the old rowdy VH.

The txt from the YouTube vid:

'The Downtown Sessions' HD DVD Video From Deluxe Edition of 'A Different Kind Of Truth' Full 16 minutes!

The deluxe-edition version of VAN HALEN's much-anticipated new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", which contains a bonus DVD featuring four brand new acoustic-performance videos titled "The Downtown Sessions"

The Downtown Sessions

1. "Panama" 5:30
2. "You and Your Blues (Intro)" 3:20
3. "You and Your Blues" 3:32
4. "Beautiful Girls" 3:42

Total length:16:04

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SoXYiG0t_H0

Last edited:
As noted, this isn't recent, it's over 2 years old. Old bandmates being pals again and havin' fun is always fun.

I wish'ed they had done "Could this be Magic" one of the acoustic songs that they did I really liked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom