vh new song

ccroyalsenders said:
Really all you can say about the lyrics.

Guys, let 's face it...
Van Halen is a force... no matter if it's Sammy or Michael or DLR... Van Halen is THE HOUSE.. that kept them all together...
and one more thing:
just enjoy.. as long as they are alive..
they don't have to die to prove they are one of the greatest band ever...

The new song and lyrics are BRILLIANT...!!!

I don't care who you are, the hook is there...

Most people can relate with tattoos. They are personal. VH definitely hit a grand-slam with this song. Tons of air play, song w/ a hook about tattoos that everyone and their dog can relate with.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...!!!!

This song will be played amongst their best on the radio for a long time to come.

PERFECT.

it's certainly a welcome amongst the current offerings ala Beiber and the like: (insert a long list of others here) Music kinda died there for a while. time to bring in the old fraternity to remind us of the magic from the days gone by.

I'll be the first to descriptively point out all the bad choices Ed and the boys have made over the years, but I'm still happy that they're making music and touring. I'm also happy to hear something "new" even if it was written a long time ago. It's still new to me. I don't have any problem with them dipping into the old song vaults, that's what they're there for in the first place. Anyone that complains is clearly not a songwriter. That's a cool tune by the way. If the rest of the album is somewhat similar, it should be a good comeback. I'll be surprised if it reaches the level of I or 1984, but hopefully it will be better than III, or Balance.

I think the video is meant to be deliberately dorky.
Well. looking dorky worked. The deliberacy doesn't much for me. Maybe I lack whits for that...
Also I think the song is a bit monotonous and the solo sounds like Eddie noodling parts of old solo's into one. Sparks of his genious always shine through, but it's not by far their best. And I even loved Balance, while I greatly preferred DLR's zanyness and missed his vocal gymnastics in the Hagar days. Maybe I'm too spoiled by their earlier work.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. though! Eddie is still unsurpassed.

Wolfie is a good bass player (even if he looks like some kids that just stepped up
out of the audience). Ed looks healthy. Can't hear Roth at all on this clip.
I'm amazed they were able to put the river of bad blood behind them.

Good the see them playing again. Maybe it will amount to something more stable,
who knows? As a life-long fan, I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive Ed for
booting Michael Anthony.

Back
Top Bottom