VH “Unchained” Tone Match

Im surprised there is not more feedback on here for this preset , sounds fantastic,best unchained patch I have come across... couldnt stop playing unchained last night, and its pretty good for other stuff too..thanks a lot, a really great one indeed

Glad everyone is enjoying it! Add a -9, 9 detune after the amp/cab and it nails the Hear About It Later solo!

lot of my VH backing tracks are in Eb , so used the virtual capo to drop it down , found the patch can be used on a lot of stuff actually , added a noise gate , that worked quite well to kill a lot of the hiss, knocks the edge off it a bit, makes it useful for a good general rock patch

I gave it a try and am quite impressed .... That said ..., I always wonder why everyone tries to "Tone Match" Unchained ? On the same album ..., Mean Streets has a much more isolated guitar section ( after the intro ) and IMHO the tone is SO much better ( I think Unchained has 'flabby' bass response ! ) !

Last edited:
The flabbiness is prob coming from the drop D tuning. From what I gathered, Eddie would play through his Marshall, then go to the mixer and boost the bass, hence the bassiness. Every tone match I've done of VH has had alot of bass.

Im surprised there is not more feedback on here for this preset , sounds fantastic,best unchained patch I have come across... couldnt stop playing unchained last night, and its pretty good for other stuff too..thanks a lot, a really great one indeed
to be honest didnt like this patch,is too noise

It's pretty noise for me as well. Actually didn't care for it for that very fact. I'll have to try adding a noise gate.

I've tried other tone matches that were made by other ppl and they were noisy, so maybe it has something to do with the conditions that they were created in like pickups, studio monitors or cab etc.

Back
Top Bottom