Veteran Noob returning!

macfly

Inspired
I was on the first wait list for the AX8, got it, fumbled around and within a few months sold it. I realize now what I didn't understand...mostly it was impulse responses. Anyway, my hearing has gone far south in the 2 years since, so I'm back and I'm getting GREAT results with this thing now. Ready to sell my Soultone and Egnater seminar heads and most cabs. Gonna keep my Dirty Shirley and Marshall 2061cx cab.

Anyway, just saying hello and I'll see you guys around here. Doing my first gig with the AX8 (no amp, cab, FRFR, just the PA) tomorrow...

Sorry to hear about the hearing thing. That's something that I think about a lot - it's so fun to crank it up.
Protect it while you can. I have ridiculous tinnitus and also the basic hearing acuity of an 80-year-old. Tinnitus was gradual, but the hearing loss and large increase in tinnitus seemed to happen almost overnight. I thought I was controlling my environments, but ultimately there was one room in particular that I could not.

Welcome back and enjoy your first gig with the AX8.

I'm in the same boat with the hearing thing. It's funny how you can often ignore tinnitus until it gets mentioned. Then you notice it for a while, like right now. ;)

Welcome back. Hate the hearing bit, but moving to the AX8 will get great tones at reasonable volumes and help save what you still have!

Welcome back. You will be GTG with just straight to FOH.

95% of the time I only use that setup (FOH with sight monitor feed, no stage cab or FRFR). The quiet stage on my side is nice.

Back
Top Bottom