VERY USEFUL : Resolving audio dropouts in your DAW

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
Hi guys,
Just had a long week-end recording bands with my AxeFXII and had a lot of audio dropouts/glitches (not imputable to AxeFx at all) so i decided to annihilate all those dropouts... And i finally got them out ! :D
So here is the steps used (and some more steps i didnt use but might be useful for you) :
Windows 7 Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

The main thing to do i see which driver causes ISR/DPC latencies... I disabled some of my USB devices, nothing changed. Then i disabled my WLAN adapter (a dlink PCIExpress card) and BAM ! nomore dropouts, I could even set my audio interface's buffers to 64 and obtain 1 ms latency without dropouts at all ! :D
The goal then was to obtain similar results without disabling the WLAN adapter (i like to surf on facebook during recording sessions ^^)...
I changed adapter's drivers and it got a little better, so i encourage you to use the latest drivers available.
Then i tried this little utility : FAQ-WLAN Optimizer - Optimize wireless gaming, audio and video streaming...
And enabled the streamign mode and disable the background scan tweaks.
And now it works great, even with WLAN adapter enabled ! :D
I even got enhanced ping times on my internet connection !

I hope those informations will be helpful to someone.
Nota Bene : I use a firewire audio interface (presonus) in conjunction with axefx2 usb interface with absolutely no problem now, aggregating those 2 devices in Cubase (or any DAW) with Asio4All 2.11beta1

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out since I'm on Win 7 too with a firewire (M-Audio ProjectMix IO) interface too.

Thanks so much AlGrenadine,
I'm running Win7 with a ProjecjtMix I/O firewire interface too and having the same problems you've told us. I'll check my WLAN adapter.

Be aware... My Sonicwall router at work just reported that this site is blocked. Trojan virus detection. Looks like I might have to uninstall this program at home and do a virus scan just in case...

Current commercial on TV:
"Everything is true on the internet!"
"Where did you hear that?"
"The Internet!"
"Bonjour!"

Hi guys,
Just had a long week-end recording bands with my AxeFXII and had a lot of audio dropouts/glitches (not imputable to AxeFx at all) so i decided to annihilate all those dropouts... And i finally got them out ! :D
So here is the steps used (and some more steps i didnt use but might be useful for you) :
Windows 7 Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

The main thing to do i see which driver causes ISR/DPC latencies... I disabled some of my USB devices, nothing changed. Then i disabled my WLAN adapter (a dlink PCIExpress card) and BAM ! nomore dropouts, I could even set my audio interface's buffers to 64 and obtain 1 ms latency without dropouts at all ! :D
The goal then was to obtain similar results without disabling the WLAN adapter (i like to surf on facebook during recording sessions ^^)...
I changed adapter's drivers and it got a little better, so i encourage you to use the latest drivers available.
Then i tried this little utility : FAQ-WLAN Optimizer - Optimize wireless gaming, audio and video streaming...
And enabled the streamign mode and disable the background scan tweaks.
And now it works great, even with WLAN adapter enabled ! :D
I even got enhanced ping times on my internet connection !

I hope those informations will be helpful to someone.
Nota Bene : I use a firewire audio interface (presonus) in conjunction with axefx2 usb interface with absolutely no problem now, aggregating those 2 devices in Cubase (or any DAW) with Asio4All 2.11beta1

Yes, years ago when I was still on Windows, I had problems with this too. This also seemed to depend on how strong the wireless signal was. With low signal things would get truly horrible. Nowadays, I just use Macs, and let Apple take care of this for me.

Back
Top Bottom