Very quick and dirty v9.01 clips

xpenno

Power User
Hi guys,

just for the standard owners here are a few of clips after updating to v9.01. All clips use the same stock cabs and were created with minor tweaking of the main amp controls none of the advanced etc... There is a short reverb on all clips to give the mic'd feel and then a longer reverb and delay kicked in later on some clips. The last one is the wrecker with the BB kicked in at the end. Guitar used was my Les Paul '59 re-issue.

I have to say I'm totally loving 9.01, it should have been 10 in my book but maybe Cliff has something even bigger planned for that ;)

Let me know what you think?

JCM800
http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/AxeFX/901/800.mp3

Recto Orange
http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/AxeFX/901/rectoorange.mp3

Recto New
http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/AxeFX/901/rectonew.mp3

Plexi 2
http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/AxeFX/901/plexi2.mp3

Fender Deluxe then Doubleverb
http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/AxeFX/901/deluxedouble.mp3

Wrecker then wrecker + BB drive
http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/AxeFX/901/wreckerandbb.mp3

Spence

Is it just more or do these ALL sound more in the room to you, I feel like this amp is sitting in here with me, fantastic playing.... great great great update, I swear to god I just got done saying i didn't think it was getting any better.... but this time really, theres no way any better and its going to cross into a different dimension and when we hear it our minds will implode

jhuggins said:
Is it just more or do these ALL sound more in the room to you, I feel like this amp is sitting in here with me, fantastic playing.... great great great update, I swear to god I just got done saying i didn't think it was getting any better.... but this time really, theres no way any better and its going to cross into a different dimension and when we hear it our minds will implode

I have a reverb block set up for early reflections which could explain what you are hearing, either way the amps sound fantastic. These patches/clips were created in about 30 mins total after the update but I can't wait to play around more.

That plexi 2 sounds OMG good... like phenomenal... when I lay my head down to sleep at night and I dream of that universal classic plexi crunch it pails in comparison to this sound.

Sounds very nice! I didn't hear anything wrong in the 9.0 but I guess I have to compare these somehow. :) Anyways your clips sound very realistic. Good job!

rickgk said:
they all sound bloody great!
What were the stock cabs etc that you were using?

I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure that they were all done using my new fav combination.

2 x high res mono cabs

v30 4x12 with air at 50% ish and around 3400khz and sm57 mic sim (great upper mids and high end)
german 4x12 same settings as above but no mic (this fills out the lows/body)

This combo is really working for me, I went off on a redwirez bender but ended up here, it's taken me 2 years but I can finally get the AxeFX to sound exactly like the tones in my head.

Clark Kent said:
Sounds very nice! I didn't hear anything wrong in the 9.0 but I guess I have to compare these somehow. :) Anyways your clips sound very realistic. Good job!

Nothing wrong with 9, 9.01 just sounds/feels more right, I don't know how else to describe it.

xpenno said:
rickgk said:

I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure that they were all done using my new fav combination.

2 x high res mono cabs

v30 4x12 with air at 50% ish and around 3400khz and sm57 mic sim (great upper mids and high end)

This combo is really working for me, I went off on a redwirez bender but ended up here, it's taken me 2 years but I can finally get the AxeFX to sound exactly like the tones in my head.

Awesome, great job mate really great!

jhuggins said:
I like your verbs, I would love to have a look at these patches if you don't mind!

Early Reflection verb is placed inline right after the cab blocks. It's set to medium room with a 20-25% mix. Only settings changed are in advanced and are reverb level lowered to -18/-20db and early raised to -7/-5db. That's it.

Standard Reverb/Delay blocks are near the end of the chain and run in parallel like the pic below shows.

Delay is set to 100% mix and between -15/-20db all other settings are default.
Reverb is set 100% mix and again -15/-20db, type is one of the cathedral, can't remember off the top of my head.

I created the patches on the fly and I only saved the last one (wrecker), all editing was done directly on the AxeFX front pannel as the editor will not yet support the new amp defaults etc....

If you still can't get things sounding right then let me know and I'll try and upload the patch tomorrow?

Spence

Attachments

• Axe.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 121
xpenno said:
rickgk said:

2 x high res mono cabs

So you're splitting the signal into two rows, each with a cab, and then combine them into one signal again?

xpenno said:
rickgk said:

2 x high res mono cabs

Hah! I've been shouting this combo for months now!
Just the other way around. German cab with a 57 and mixing in the V30 for more or less bite. :D I run them center. I like mono. [Selfrighteous rant off].

Dutch said:
xpenno said:
rickgk said:

2 x high res mono cabs

Hah! I've been shouting this combo for months now!
Just the other way around. German cab with a 57 and mixing in the V30 for more or less bite. :D I run them center. I like mono. [Selfrighteous rant off].

You must not have been shouting loud enough ;) Seriously though I wish I had heard you and tried this combo earlier, I used to use the German cab on its own when hires cabs were first added, it sounded the best overall but had massive lowend and not quite enough going on in the top end. Seems to work very well with the v30 in most cases. :cool:

xpenno said:
jhuggins said:
I like your verbs, I would love to have a look at these patches if you don't mind!

Early Reflection verb is placed inline right after the cab blocks. It's set to medium room with a 20-25% mix. Only settings changed are in advanced and are reverb level lowered to -18/-20db and early raised to -7/-5db. That's it.

Standard Reverb/Delay blocks are near the end of the chain and run in parallel like the pic below shows.

Delay is set to 100% mix and between -15/-20db all other settings are default.
Reverb is set 100% mix and again -15/-20db, type is one of the cathedral, can't remember off the top of my head.

I created the patches on the fly and I only saved the last one (wrecker), all editing was done directly on the AxeFX front pannel as the editor will not yet support the new amp defaults etc....

If you still can't get things sounding right then let me know and I'll try and upload the patch tomorrow?

Spence

Reverb: Not upping the tail delay tot 110 or something?

Did you EQ anything, low / high cut?

Back
Top Bottom