Very OT: Webcam confusion-newbie webcam user

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, I have a computer background but that doesn't seem to help with this. Never, ever used a webcam.
I have: Canon EOS M50 -Rode Videomic Pro plus (didn't even bother with the mic yet, just wnated to yesy camera.
Installed the Canon webcam utility-it shows up in DMgr.
Newbie question: when al is set according to various youtube video: wireless & NFC OFF. Rest seems up to me But I have followed a few that said camera in Video Mode-Auto.
All I get is the camera connected to the PC? IOW, like I wanted access to SD card or internal memory?
I tried a test sight for webcams. error message-hardware issue. The only error that seems possible is the usb cable to PC. I have tried 6different cables. Now they all are from phones. I have tried using a battery in camera and also tried with A\C adapter. Same result. Only connects to PC?
I turned off firewalls etc, etc??? I have video meetings with the VA coming up and would love to have a good meeting.
I feel like an idiot here.
Thanks

I finally purchased a Logitech HD autofocus webcam. Really works well with Zoom, and is the go-to for PC webcams (as you probably know). I tried to use my Sony HDR-PJ650 Handycam, but could not get it to work as a webcam.
The specific Logitech model I purchased is: C615 Portable HD Webcam.

Last edited:
I finally purchased a Logitech HD autofocus webcam. Really works well with Zoom, and is the go-to for PC webcams (as you probably know). I tried to use my Sony HDR-PJ650 Handycam, but could not get it to work as a webcam.
The specific Logitech model I purchased is: C615 Portable HD Webcam.
Thanks David....I have the SAME camera as Leon Todd....So I know it should work. I have been frustrated trying to find out WHY. :(

Back
Top Bottom