Update.. . . ... . . .. .... Very much enjoying the FM9!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Been using Fractal since 2008 and had the Standard AFX1, AFX2, FX8, AX8, FM3, FC6, FC12, AFX3 and now the FM9. Well versed in Fractal and this thing is great. Very powerful and scratched that itch that an FM3 and FC6 couldn't do. I'm trying to unseat the Axe Fx 3 and just use the FM9. I will keep you posted of what I have had to sacrifice and any issues.

Main gripe.....please add dual switch ability when using the pedal 1, 2, and 3 inserts. I want to have 2 pedal and 1 dual switch for tap tempo, tuner and the such.

Been using Fractal since 2008 and had the Standard AFX1, AFX2, FX8, AX8, FM3, FC6, FC12, AFX3 and now the FM9. Well versed in Fractal and this thing is great. Very powerful and scratched that itch that an FM3 and FC6 couldn't do. I'm trying to unseat the Axe Fx 3 and just use the FM9. I will keep you posted of what I have had to sacrifice and any issues.

Main gripe.....please add dual switch ability when using the pedal 1, 2, and 3 inserts. I want to have 2 pedal and 1 dual switch for tap tempo, tuner and the such.
It is my understanding that the switch issue is hardware based , so it appears we all must make the necessary adjustments until 9mkII …and totally agreed about the sweet spot of the FM9…………was using it happily and exclusively….then Cliff dropped the FullRes on us.……but since you are a regular gigger..(do you ever do club gigs in Dade/Broward/?) that has no bearing on FM9 being your #1….

It is my understanding that the switch issue is hardware based , so it appears we all must make the necessary adjustments until 9mkII …and totally agreed about the sweet spot of the FM9…………was using it happily and exclusively….then Cliff dropped the FullRes on us.……but since you are a regular gigger..(do you ever do club gigs in Dade/Broward/?) that has no bearing on FM9 being your #1….
No, we only play at Gator Club in Sarasota 18 times per year and just started playing the new Joyland in Bradenton.

I do wish it had Global amps and the Pedal jacks were dual, but not a bad trade off and certainly don't have to have.

Able to use a pedal with wah/volume 1 button combo pedal(activates like normal old scholwah) or NO because of the pedal jacks in this vs AX3?

Update: FM9 has been fun to place on desktop and use editor and have the unit and floor buttons, right there, all in one. Less cables and I really love it. I have had to make minimal tweaks/exceptions to get my sound and rig setup the way I want. Below is my signal path and what I have loaded. This runs me about 77-81% cpu and is stable. I run Ultra rez cab in stereo and all reverbs in highest fidelity. I would like to use the cab preamp, but it overloads things more than I would want live. Minor trade off. This allows me to sub out the Rotary for something else like Phase or Flange, etc... This main repeatable patch and is my main. I have several patches that stray from this for very unique and specific songs(U2 stuff, David Bowie and the such). Most AX3 owners will be happy with this and it will be my main rig going forward. Less to carry and quicker setup/breakdown with SAME amazing tone and abilities(for the most part) as the AX3.

Signal:
IN-WAH-COMP-DRIVE-(EMPTY SLOT)-AMP1-AMP2-VOL-CAB-MULTI DLY-ROTARY-(EMPTY SLOT)-GEQ-OUT
(in parallel off the Multi Dly)
DELAY
|
REVERB
|
PITCH

Another gig in the bag. Added my FC12 for extra buttons. Delightful and ZERO hiccups. I really enjoy this format. All right in front. Setup is easier and I feel more "me" with my rig like this. I must say I am content with the form and look forward to the overall Clifford enhancement that it will enjoy many times over in the future. If you are on the fence about this, get on the waiting list! It is hitting the spot for so many.

Rockman's initial impressions of the FM9:
-I previously played an Axe 2 XL on Atomic CLR's, and my Mesa Roadster. (I can now 4-cable my Axe 2 XL into my Mesa, which is a nice rig).
-I received my FM9 today, plugged in my CLR's, made sure I had unity gain everywhere. (I highly recommend spending the extra money and
getting quality monitors). The CLR's have always worked great for me, and get you dialed in faster. I tried smaller, cheaper ones and did not like
them as much. (Harder to dial in and did not sound as good).
-I grabbed my favorite axe and started jammin on the presets, next thing I knew, a couple of hours flew by. The FM9 sounded great.
-The modeling has improved, it just plain sounds better.
-The pre-sets have improved, are well-designed, and a lot of fun to play right out of the box.
-I really like the floor unit and size compared to my big Axe 2 XL.
-I highly recommend this unit. Even if you have an older Axe. I know wait lists are no fun, but hang in there, it is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom