Very low S/PDIF signal with Antelope Synergy Zen Go

shredlocker

I want to connect my FM3 via S/PDIF to my Antelope Synergy Zen Go but I barely get a signal.

When I'm in the 013 USA IIC+ preset and set the S/PDIF Out Source to Output 1 I get a signal which is -35 dB.
If I change the out source to Output 2 and select to copy output 1 to output 2 there is no signal at all. There is no Output 2 block in the scene.

I've set the clock source on the Zen Go to S/PDIF so that should be fine. I've tried to use a different cable with no luck.
Recording through USB works as expected with correct level.

Am I missing something? I'm don't what else it could be.

Last edited:
What is your preset's level on the OUT 1 block VU Meter? The 0 dB line there should correspond to about -14 dBFS for SPDIF and USB.

The level on the OUT 1 block is between -3 and 0 dB so I would expect the signal to be much higher than it is.

I thought I remember reading somewhere here on the forum that the OUT 1 knob affects the SPDIF level on the FM3, but I can't remember for sure. You might give that a try.

No, I didn't really solve the problem. It kind of works if you turn up the level of OUT 1, but it looks like you are clipping the heck out of the signal but it sounds fine. Not an optimal solution...

Back
Top Bottom